Never seen such bad customer service from from CUK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Never seen such bad customer service from from CUK

It goes without saying that the customer service from CUK has to be the worst you can ever get from any company.

My DS3 which is a 2010 has started to show signs of bubbling under the paint where the bumper joins the front wings, its not on one side but both side, in the same place.
    I went to my local dealer who told me to send photos to CUK which i did.
    After around a month and 15-20 calls to them i got told to go back to the dealer so they can sort it out with them, i did this and the dealer done the same as i did, took some photos and sent them to CUK.
    Another 2 weeks and nothing, untold calls to CUK back and forth only to be told by CUK that they would not do anything as they believe the car has been involved in a collision and this
    is causing the problem, how do they know this ????? would also like to add that the car has never been in any accident full stop so dont know where there getting there information from.
    So call them again and told i would get a call back, another two weeks and nothing, again i have to call them only to be told the file has been closed as the problem is not CUK’s and put phone down on me, WHAT the F..K !!
    Back on the phone again and get told it was the opinion that the dealer thinks the problem is to do with a accident ! how do they know that when they have never even looked at the car, just taken photos of the problem area ???
    the dealer also told me it was not them that said that but was told that by CUK head office that they think its due to an accident, so who is lying ???
    Get back onto CUK who still insist that the dealer told them it had been in some form of accident, so as of now i am still no where nearer to resolving this issue, i just dont know what to do next, any suggestions ????
    Got to say that CUK never ever call back even when they promise to do so , its always me who has to call them on a premium number and then they are just full or crap making excuses after excuse.
    I wonder if i can got to trading standards or some form of consumer group, there must be somewhere i can go to sort this, ombudsman ?????

Any thoughts ??

Would also add that i took it to a body shop near me who confirms the problem is with retaining clips holding water, this causes the problem, he has seen 4 other DS3 with the same problem, also CUK state they have never seen this problem or the problem with rust around the mirror, and even a independent report would not hold with the warrantee dept, got to laugh as they talk so much crap !

I know one thing, i will never ever buy Citroen again, has to be the worst service i have ever come across.

I wonder if a threat of legal action would concentrate some minds?

If it were me, I'd consider sending a recorded delivery letter to Citroen UK (cc the dealer) giving them 14 days to accept liability, after which I'll arrange to get the defect repaired by a body shop and sue them through the small claims court for the cost.

At the risk of stating the obvious - make sure, first, that the requirements of the anti corrosion warranty are fully met (eg regular inspections documented)!

Good luck getting this sorted.
    Shark grey / white Vti 120 DStyle ordered 2 March 2013, built 23 March 2013, collected 20 April 2013

Comment

Car has had full service and anti corrosions checks and the book is stamped !
      What has really got up my nose is the fact that even without someone actually looking at the car they have decided
      that its due to a collision.
      They state that if even a slight nudge on the front move the bumper it will chuff the paint on the wing and cause this,
      funny its on both side in the same place where retaining clips are and the car has never had any accident from new.

This is there last email i got.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by tezb; 28-08-2015, 13:43.

Comment

Nissan had a recall on the early Jukes because of the bumper/wing joint rubbing. They basically had to fit a spacer in-between the 2 panels after the paint was repaired. Sounds like a bullshit excuse to me, I'd go to another dealer.
        DS3 1.6 Bluehdi Dsport Plus :STrooper:

Comment

Hi guys, please note : all this is coming from CUK head office, not the dealer.

CUK are now trying to blame the dealer, saying the dealer said it had been involved in a accident when in fact the dealer told me CUK head office told them that in there opinion it had been in a accident, so it is CUK that is causing all this crap.

Now when i ring CUK head office they tell me the case is closed and i can do nothing, even a email from the dealer telling CUK thay never said that would make no difference.

Question is how the hell do CUK know if the car has been involved in a accident ??? does the car have tracking, onboard camera and spy equipment, the c ar has never been in any accident what so ever, i should know its my car ! but CUK still maintain what they say even though the car has nver been looked at by an engineer.

Comment

Get it parked on the road next to the entrance to the dealers with big signs on saying car going rusty and Citroen not honouring warranty.
            Saw some bloke do that with a failty Audi and it worked.
            62 Reg DS3 DStyle Plus - Sport Red with Black Roof

Comment

Trading standards would be my next call, get them involved.
              DS3 1.6 Bluehdi Dsport Plus :STrooper:

Comment

I think the reason that they're saying it's accident damage is the fact that it's on both sides as though the front has taken an impact.

Have you had the car from new?
                May 2011 - October 2015: White body/black roof/white Bellone THP150
                October 2015 - Present: Black body/emerald green roof/black Aphrodite THP165
                Instagram @adamds3

Comment

I am the second owner but have spoken to the first who confirmed it had not been in any accident, i have also taken it to another garage for them to inspect it, again they say no sign of accident.

Saturday morning i also noticed rust around the driver wing mirror, took it to my dealer who said not under any warentee and CUK will not do anything about it as its also connected to part of accident.

Looking at it now seems within a few years the whole car will be rusting.

Just so so sick of it all now, thinking just to sell the car as scrap and start again.

Comment

Ask to speak to CUK press and PR department, I find if your ever have bad customer service with a company then asking to speak to PR/Press and threaten to go public with the case on FB Radio, local news ETC will put the fear of god into them and they will usually tell customer service to pay up and get you sorted.

Experience - Had to do this with CUK myself on a previous car

Comment

I wonder if someone reversed into the car in a car park or similar ? That might cause the rust being seen in the photos above....
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X