Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lovely stock exhaust pops and bangs!?

Hi Club members,

So, I picked up my 2012 DS3 DSport THP 155 on Saturday (It's an absolute beauty)

To my surprise, on the way back home going through town where exhausts echo between buildings i was in second and gave it a nice short burst of acceleration. All i heard was was a lovely pop, pop, pop, pop, pop, BANG, pop, pop.

Now, i wasn't aware the DS3 pops like this and i at least think it was me and not my brother in his JCW behind me!

I'm just curious, have any of you DSport owners experienced moments like these with the stock exhaust?

Cheers!
    Last edited by DannyDS3DS; 01-09-2015, 19:36.

it will be your brother in his JCW behind you!

Comment

Never heard it from my 150. It burbles a bit when I start it up when the engine/exhaust is already warm but never any pops and bangs.
      May 2011 - October 2015: White body/black roof/white Bellone THP150
      October 2015 - Present: Black body/emerald green roof/black Aphrodite THP165
      Instagram @adamds3

Comment

Mine doesn't pop and bung just gives off a very deep burble and Heavy note,
        - Challenge Accepted -

Comment

Does the 155 definitely still have the stock exhaust ?
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lfcrule1972 View Post
            Does the 155 definitely still have the stock exhaust ?
            I'm pretty sure.

It happens when the engine is warm and I give it a bit of acceleration and let off in mainly 2nd and 3rd. I'll try get a recording at some point as I'm curious myself.

Comment

I heard for sure with my stock exhaust and remap. It happens a lot now my Milltech is on.

Comment

Sounds like someone has given your exhaust a De-cat without telling you lol

Comment

Originally posted by Saintsteve View Post
                  Sounds like someone has given your exhaust a De-cat without telling you lol
                  Haha, sound like it! It really does pop and kinda make a nice "spitting" sound after letting off the accelerator. I'm going to try record a fly by when i get home from work tomorrow.

My brother did mention when driving behind me today he noticed oil being burnt, not sure how this would relate to the exhaust popping though. He is a bit jealous of my DS3 so maybe he's just causing mischief (He's like that...)

Comment

I wish my 155 did that

Comment

Get some of this in your life

Comment

Originally posted by Superfly Guy View Post
                        Get some of this in your life

Woah, that's a beauty.

Does yours pop on overrun!? Got any videos of it?

Comment

No vids but yes it has a serious rumble, its prob about 200BHP now so makes a lovely sound towards the top end of the rev range.

Comment

Couldn't pickup the pops from a fly by Too much tyre noise...

You might be able to hear it slightly with the headphones though! It's normally a lot louder than that but i couldn't give it too much acceleration down my road.

Also, is it me or in full screen you can see a flash of fire from the exhaust? 0_0

Comment

If you mean this flash of light:

It looks to me like light on the wheel.

Sorry!
                              May 2011 - October 2015: White body/black roof/white Bellone THP150
                              October 2015 - Present: Black body/emerald green roof/black Aphrodite THP165
                              Instagram @adamds3

Comment

Working...
                              X