Residual Values

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Residual Values

The DS is not showing well for residual values, I'm quite disappointed with how much they are worth, considering they are quite desirable. Mine is just 3 years old this week DSport 62 plate with 55k mileage.
    I purchased it 6 months old for 13.5k with 8k on the clock, when a new one was 18k.

I'm only getting offered 6.5k trade in, which is a lot of depreciation in 3 years, I would have been even more dissapointed if I'd have bought it from new.

Bought my THP 155 brand spankers for just over £15k, and recently offered almost £10k for a motor that's done 28k miles, and 28 month old. Thought that was good (not trade in). Am seriously mulling it.

Maybe you didn't buy at a good price. Webuyanycar logs mine at about 7.3k which made me wince

Try private selling.
    sigpic
    Jog on Noddy

Comment

I agree to be honest, my car is less about 2 and a half years old and 25 thousand miles and I'm getting offered about half of what I paid. I don't plan on selling for another couple of years so I'm hoping the depreciation levels out by then.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Blue View Post
        Bought my THP 155 brand spankers for just over £15k, and recently offered almost £10k for a motor that's done 28k miles, and 28 month old. Thought that was good (not trade in). Am seriously mulling it.

Maybe you didn't buy at a good price. Webuyanycar logs mine at about 7.3k which made me wince

Try private selling.
        What are you thinking about as your next car Chris ? My wife has a car allowance through work and recently bought an Audi A1 and I'm really impressed with it. When my DS3 is due for a replacement I'm going to look at the 3 door A3 I think
        sigpic

Comment

If mine were to be and Audi, it would be the RS3

Have a plan, and if it works will post up. Been working on it a year

love the DS3, but have a few more motors to try before my driving days over
          sigpic
          Jog on Noddy

Comment

The RS3 is a great looking car isn't it - would like a test drive in one....

I still think it's a shame that Audi don't do the RS3 in the 3 door model
            sigpic

Comment

Interesting article in 'Car Dealer' magazine about residual values, the switch to DS should have an affect in the next year or so. The most interesting point being talked about is that Audi and VW residuals are about to burst, the market place is currently being flooded with fleet vehicles which in turn puts values into a buyers market rather than a sellers market.
              ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
              Bigfeet's File Repository
              The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet View Post
                Audi and VW residuals are about to burst, the market place is currently being flooded with fleet vehicles which in turn puts values into a buyers market rather than a sellers market.
                Sounds very interesting
                Thing is about writers, they just never know

Lots of hype over fixed rate mortgages a while back, and how everyone should get one at %5, then the SVR collapsed. LOL.
                sigpic
                Jog on Noddy

Comment

The article was an interview with the heads of GAP and Glass's

Comment

We'll see, I don't ever recall VW or Audi's seeing a massive price drop in the second hand market
                    sigpic

Comment

^

I can understand your scepticism but the data points to it and points big time, VW's (Audi follows behind VW at current YTD) current market placement puts them only a few thousand behind Ford. What this in turn means is that within the next two years 135,000 VW's are going to hit the used market compared to the likes of 50,000 Citroen vehicles. This will turn the used segment into a buyers market where prices will be driven by over supply thus lowering the values of VW because there are more vehicles than buyers.

Before hand VAG were careful to control the used market to inflate used values and because demand outstripped supply values remained high.

That said what was interesting was the customer I had which owned a two year old Beetle Sport, top book placed the car at £12,500 trade with the best bid (out of five) being £11k from trade. The car new was £23,000 which meant the Beetle lost half it's value within 24 months.

Comment

Yep- you never see VWs or Audis drop like stone pricewise
                        I looked at a 4 year old RS3 recently, £30 bleeding K!
                        sigpic
                        Jog on Noddy

Comment

Yep- you never see VWs or Audis drop like stone pricewise
                          I looked at a 4 year old RS3 recently, £30 bleeding K!

But heres hoping Biggus
                          sigpic
                          Jog on Noddy

Comment

Maybe an RS3 for you soon then eh Chris ? Blame Biggie if not...
                            sigpic

Comment

That sort of money and the car needs to be new :cool:
                              sigpic
                              Jog on Noddy

Comment

Working...
                              X