Auto locking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto locking

Had what I thought a strange occurrence yesterday. I filled the car full of fuel. Left the wife in the unlocked car. Had the key in my pocket. Went off to pay fir the fuel. Came back to the car to find it had locked it's self. I asked the wife if she had done it no she said. Seems odd to me that it locked itself like that.

Mine does too

Comment

Best to keep the keys in your hand or pocket when leaving the car. Even if there is someone still know the car.

Comment

Heard this before at fuel stations. Probably caused by accidently touching the lock button on the key whilst replacing the fuel cap

Comment

That does give food for thought.

Comment

Impossible.

The only way this happens is if you caught the button on the remote control.
            ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
            Bigfeet's File Repository
            The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet View Post
              Impossible.

The only way this happens is if you caught the button on the remote control.
              Agreed (I've noticed it sometimes, when arriving home with my hands full of bits to bring indoors from the car, including the key fob). The buttons stand proud of the fob body and are easily pressed accidentally.
              Shark grey / white Vti 120 DStyle ordered 2 March 2013, built 23 March 2013, collected 20 April 2013

Comment

That sounds the best option. To accidentally press the button. As there should be no real reason for the car to lock it's self. Other than when you Do press the open button, and don't open a door or the boot. Then it will time out and lock the car.

Comment

Working...
                X