HELP!!! End Of PCP Charges :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP!!! End Of PCP Charges :(

I've posted this as a new thread as well, as I could really do with some sensible advice..... I know its a bit Naughty but ....

Warning, this email contains a RANT!!!!!

As you may have read I handed my DS3 back on 28th August. I today have received a Bill for nearly £1300.....

Although I took the contract out Oct 2012, they claim I am only 33 months into a 37 month Agreement, so have hit me with £900 worth of excess mileage. they have also charged me £227 as they claim to have found a stone chip on the bonnet, stone chip on the bumper, a dent on the passenger door and they dont like the SMART repair I had on my bumper in July.

I know they haven't spent a penny on the car, as it was appraised on Sept 1st, was auctioned on Sept 3rd and is now up for sale in Northan Ireland for nearly £8900 by a private dealer.

Is anyone able to offer any sensible constructive advice please, I really don't want to hand over £1300 of my hard earned cash to these bunch of Sharks.

Ive emailed them to dispute the contract term, dispute the door dent, and stone chips, as I believe the stone chips are fair wear and tear, and question why they didn't like the previous repair.

Help!!!! I feel very sick now, Does anyone know what i can do as I really cant afford this bill. I handed the car back on a Voluntary Termination basis.

Rich

I think the stone chip charge is a bit unfair. The front of my car is covered in them.
    You need to check your contract to see when the start/end dates are and how much they want to charge per each extra mile.
    May 2011 - October 2015: White body/black roof/white Bellone THP150
    October 2015 - Present: Black body/emerald green roof/black Aphrodite THP165
    Instagram @adamds3

Comment

Is the £900 charge for excess mileage in line with your agreement ?

Do you also have pics of the before and after for the SMART repair ? Was it as good as new afterwards ?
      sigpic

Comment

Not trying to throw rocks about here but we are only seeing one side of the story here.

First off the date is right, even though you collected the car in October the first contractual payment wouldn't have happened until November, November 2012 to August 2015 is 33 months. Second when the car was being collected were you present with the collection agent? You would have signed off the car with the listed damage to them which unfortunately weakens your position. Lastly depending on where the car went through the vehicle would have be graded to NAMA level 1/2 for sale so it would have had some sort of repair work carried out.

Your best bet is to talk with Citroen (more likely going to be the contracted collection agent) and see if you can come to sort sort of agreement but to be honest I wouldn't hold my breath.
        ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
        Bigfeet's File Repository
        The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Good Afternoon,

So after getting RMS Receivables to check their data again, I had already verified how many payments I made. They confirmed their data was incorrect and I had in fact made 35 payments, so theyhave adjusted my mileage charges accordingly, So I am alot happier now.

I was able to provide proof that I had the rear bumper repaired by showing them my invoice, so they have dropped the rear bumper charge, but sadly upheld the Stone chips and door dent, So i've had to pay £85 towards that.

My total bill was under £700, so I've cut my losses and paid up, even though I disagree with the damage charges, I've decided I can earn the £85 back rather than fighting something I may loose.

I appreciate everyone's reply, I wasn't trying to avoid paying for anything I should. I just expect people to be fair with me, and where I have made genuine efforts to do the right thing, respect that.

have a good day

Comment

Now its time to lay back and enjoy the bimmer!
            :ds3: Part-Time DS Champ - Citroen & DS Sales Exec :ds3:

Comment

Glad to hear that you managed to come to an agreement
              ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
              Bigfeet's File Repository
              The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Working...
              X