Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bike Rack?

Just wondering, been looking through this webby and a few car sites

Does anyone know of a cycle rack that will fit on the DS3?

If its a no its no biggy, just I do charity cycle rides a few times a year etc and got one in May

Just bought one off fleabay and fitted it ten minutes ago!

It is called "Verona"
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=310295072906

If you are in no hurry I am taking two bikes from Warrington to Northumberland for a week and can report back whether they fall off or not!!!

Jimbob

Looks very well built.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbob View Post

Looks very well built.
      I mean the rack not Jimbob!

Comment

I've ordered the roof bars and cycle carrier with my car and should get them in the next 10 days or so when it gets here. The car is currently sat in Calais, waiting to get on a boat. I'll certainly post some pics etc when I get my mitts on it.

Comment

hi im after a bike rack aswell, what was the verona one like?

Comment

Originally posted by tsmith84 View Post
            hi im after a bike rack aswell, what was the verona one like?
            Really well made but NOT done any miles with it yet. Will do this next week and report back.

Jimbob

Comment

any update Jimbob?

Comment

pictures of roof bars here, i use these with 2 Thule cycle carriers

http://ds3club.co.uk/showthread.php?...&p=727#post727

Comment

Originally posted by monkey View Post
                  any update Jimbob?
                  Just got home from a week with the bikes.
                  Bike rack (as above) is sound and much better quality than Halfords (Hellfrauds) and cheaper.

I found it needed tightening after about 50 miles but not sure it would have mattered if I hadn't done it.

All in all a big success and recommended.

Jimbob

Comment

was that the £47 one cycle bike rack from the dealer?

I need a two cycle carrier, does anyone know of one that will fit on the rear of the car, where you attach it to the boot and closing the boot holds the carrier in place, less drag when driving and less chance to scratch the car trying to get the bike on :P

There are various ones that say fits most cars, do you think the DS3 would be "most cars"?

Comment

I need a two cycle carrier, does anyone know of one that will fit on the rear of the car, where you attach it to the boot and closing the boot holds the carrier in place, less drag when driving and less chance to scratch the car trying to get the bike on :P

There are various ones that say fits most cars, do you think the DS3 would be "most cars"?
                      One I got holds three but I only use it with two.

Jimbob

Comment

I believe Jimbob got this bike rack . http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VERONA-CAR-3-B...ht_2675wt_1139

Comment

Apparently the same supplier as my "Verona" has a different model which fits even better although I have no problems with mine.

By the way has anyone ever driven hard with a bike rack? I think I am too careful and probably take it too easy. I'm sure you could probably throw these things about if you had too?

Jimbob

Comment

im the same, I would be paranoid driving with the roof bike rack incase they came flying off and hit the car behind lol

I have been in a 4x4 that had 2 bikes on the rear and were doing 80mph and survived :P

Think I will give that ebay item a go thanks for that ready for my charity cycle rides starting in May

Comment

i've used thule roof bars and cycle carriers for years on my golf gti. i too was nervous about them staying on at first but never been any where near losing them even when flying over kirkstone pass in the lakes. give your bikes a pull and a tug after fitting... the bikes may sway but if the clamps don't let go then they're not going anywhere! :-)

Dave.

Comment

Working...
                              X