Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I go ahead?

Hello Everyone!

I was hoping I can get a bit of advice from you guys. I'm about to get a DS3 hopefully by the end of the week (white with purple roof, I know not the most manly version). The model I'm looking at is a 1.6 E-hdi Airdream Dstyle Plus from 2013, one previous owner and 25k on the clock.

I really like the car and even the colour combination doesn't bother me as I can wrap it later but I'm concerned about couple of things:
    - at the very bottom of the windscreen I can see it's been damaged by a stone or something, it has been fixed by them, glued or whatever so it seems to be safe it's just aesthetically unpleasant but I can live with that, do you think it can cause problems in the future?

- there seems to be a bit of rust on the brake discs but they said they will refurbish it for me without any charge so that's fine

- I'm buying a car for mostly long distance driving, now my plan is to drive to Poland for Christmas so I will cover roughly 2,5k miles within 2 weeks, it will be much colder than here in England did you guys experience any major issues during very cold winter days?

I also chose diesel because of fuel economy, from looking at the forum it seemed like their diesel engines did not have any major and frequent issues. My question is, looking at above would you recommend to get the DS3? Thanks guys!

I would go for it. (Also Hi and welcome to the club )

White with the infinite blue roof is one on my favourite colour combos. I have a diesel HDi and I've never had an issue (Had it since 8800 miles, now done just over 53000)

Seems a good deal if they're refurbishing the brakes for you too free of charge. Dont worry about the windscreen, they are replaceable if the aesthetics bother you . I have normal tyres on mine in winter and it handles fine. But if you're really concerned I suggest maybe putting a set of winter tyres on.

Hope this help you
    DS3 Evo Edition
    Sport Red
    E8 DRY

Checkout my Build Thread: http://www.ds3club.co.uk/showthread....s-Build-Thread
    Scottish Meet Part 2: http://www.ds3club.co.uk/showthread....sh-Meet-Part-2

Comment

I have a 2013 eHDI 115 diesel and like Euan I've not had any problems with it in the cold and freezing weather. I do have a set of snow socks for winter use (they fit over the front wheels in snow and allow you to drive up hills etc) but they've only been on once from memory.

The fuel economy is awesome (I'm currently averaging 56-58mpg) and that's with the Aircon running all the time and spirited driving. Don't forget you'll also get free road tax
      sigpic

Comment

Rust on the brake discs isn't a problem - the discs will most likely only be rusty because the car has been standing for a while & the only "refurbishment" they need is a short drive.

Comment

I suspect that is all the garage will do as well
          sigpic

Comment

wow ok thanks very much guys you definitely reassured me so now I'm just waiting for a finance to go through and by the end of the week I should become a very proud owner of the DS3, I can't wait to get it! All what's left to decide is what fragrance of air freshener to get for a start Thanks again!

Comment

Which dealer are you buying from?
              :ds3: Part-Time DS Champ - Citroen & DS Sales Exec :ds3:

Comment

Originally posted by GregR View Post
                wow ok thanks very much guys you definitely reassured me so now I'm just waiting for a finance to go through and by the end of the week I should become a very proud owner of the DS3, I can't wait to get it! All what's left to decide is what fragrance of air freshener to get for a start Thanks again!
                Mango!

Be warned, they aren't as smell as you'd probably expect though so don't delay your order by waiting for your favourite scent
                cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

haha ok I will probably buy some from Halfords before delivery I'm buying from Marshall's Cambridge, getting 1 year warranty from Citroen and bought 2 years more so for 3 years I'll be covered, I checked also winter tyres prices from them and one quote came at almost £1000 for a set (can't remember the brand) and the other tyres at £280 which is a massive difference but when we checked the quality, noise etc. the cheaper apparently had better results. It's crazy how much difference you sometimes pay just for a brand name.

Comment

thanks guys for all the advice, I got it on Wednesday! So happy, the car is fantastic and I love to drive it, for now only around town but over the weekend I will try to take it for a longer journey!

Comment

Originally posted by GregR View Post
                      thanks guys for all the advice, I got it on Wednesday! So happy, the car is fantastic and I love to drive it, for now only around town but over the weekend I will try to take it for a longer journey!
                      Great news! Now we need some pics, forum rules
                      - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
                      - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Working...
                      X