• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Voted best used premium small car in the Auto Express 2015 Awards

Best used premium small car 2015: DS 3
    Price from: £5,500
    Our pick: 2010 1.6 THP DSport, 23,000 miles, £6,750

Once again, it’s the DS 3 that has stolen the Auto Express gong for Britain’s best used premium small car. That may be surprising news for those who still associate French car manufacturing with flaky reliability and poor residuals. But Citroen has worked hard to give its DS brand its own distinct identity, which has rightly earned it a reputation for being stylish, quirky and reliable. That’s no mean feat.

It’s worth pointing out, though, that although the DS brand is now going it alone, if you’re buying used the vast majority of cars will wear Citroen badging.

The company has carefully managed supply, to help ensure the DS 3 is suitably sought after. Plus, the brand’s flirtation with fashion and links with motorsport mean it has appeal across the board, with both male and female drivers of all ages.

Even the entry-level models are well equipped, with a leather steering wheel, cruise control, electric windows and mirrors and air-con. Specials pop up from time to time, too, and the line-up even comprises a convertible model with a peelback roof for those buyers who enjoy the sun.

The entry-level 1.2 VTi is a little sluggish, but all the other engines deliver lively performance – particularly the 153bhp 1.6 THP petrol. A new 1.2-litre turbo is well worth a look, although prices are still a little high. But it’s the DS 3’s capacity to be personalised, much like the MINI before it, that really makes the car stand out from the crowd.

A huge list of optional extras can be combined with a choice of five trims, ranging from the entry-level DSign up to the luxurious Ultra Prestige, with its bold leather seats. This all makes for an extremely interesting car on the second-hand market, as the seemingly limitless potential to customise means no two examples of the DS 3 are likely to be the same.

However, while each car looks different, you can guarantee that all models boast the same desirability, solidity and fun driving experience.

DS 3: key details
    • Interior: Materials used inside are of a decent quality, while cabin still looks stylish, too.
    • Drive: DS 3 is generally lively to drive, although base 1.2 VTi engine can be a bit sluggish.

DS 3: expert view
    The DS 3 delivers the same kind of personalisation as the MINI without going down the retro route. However, we’d recommend avoiding cars that have been specced up by their owners and go for one of Citroen’s own special editions, as you’re less likely to suffer from a negative impact on residuals. Pick of the bunch is the flagship Ultra Prestige, which featured plush leather seats and climate control – buy used and you can make massive savings on the steep initial showroom list price.

Article Source - here
    My DS3R3... nearly....
    New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Wish I could buy one for £5,500 mine being a 2010 dsport is still worth more than the price they have stated
    Last edited by Gazski66; 07-10-2015, 13:24.
    DS3 1.6THP DSport with a few bits added.....nickname BB :bow:
    Performance...Depends on how heavy my right foot is

Comment

Soon as they hit £4k ish (Dependant on work needed) i will be getting another THP
      AND::: Can be remapped via the OBD with no warranty to worry about :-)

Reckon about 2 years, unless i go Cat D. (Was considering a Cat D recently for £5k, only 24k miles... but no, get my next motor first)
      sigpic
      Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by Gazski66 View Post
        Wish I could buy one for £5,500 mine being a 2010 dsport is still worth more than the price they have stated
        £6750 for a thp d sport with only 23k on the clock I wish i paid more than that with more mileage on it though I'd been hard one by when I first read it & no one had posted

Comment

Working...
        X