'NEW' DS3 lease - Old Stock Models?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'NEW' DS3 lease - Old Stock Models?

I've seen an absolute steal of a deal on the DS3 on personal contract hire (£109 p/m £450 deposit inc vat), I've got a Mercedes C220cdi coupe on lease which is due back soon and after buying my first house I'm looking on picking up a more affordable but still decent new car.

The deal i'm currently looking at (I won't post a link as I don't want to look like I'm advertising! first post and all...) Is for a 65 plate in-stock DS3 DStyle Plus 1.6 e-HDI Airdream.

From what I've looked at this model has been discontinued, the 90bhp engine isn't on the configurator, same for the 'DSign Plus' model.

Question is, when did these go out of production and how long do we think this in-stock car will have been sitting on a forecourt somewhere? I read the topic on the spec changes (touchscreen etc) but still can't be 100% on what this car will include, at least until the lease company opens up again on Monday.

Lastly, the black paint is a no-cost option along with the white on the current configurator, is that correct? I don't want to have to pay for metallic but would rather have a black car.

Thoughts much appreciated!

is it a pre reg?
    :ds3: Part-Time DS Champ - Citroen & DS Sales Exec :ds3:

Comment

It doesn't mention anywhere that it's pre-reg, but I think it might be.

Comment

It will probably be old un-registered stock. I think a lot of places buy in bulk then sell cheap. But you probably won't get much of a choice at all in colours. We just bought a C4 in a similar manner, big savings but could only get it in the pearlescent white. Wasn't registered though.
        @mike_lowsocial

Comment

Not a bad way to buy a new car in my opinion as long as it's not 'ancient stock' with problems associated with sitting around for months or even years. This one won't be but some marques used to have the proverbial "fields of cars" waitng to be sold.

Go in with your eyes open and get the right deal, these were good spec cars last year and haven't suddenly become horribly out of date.

Did something similar with my Techno. The 165 had just been announced, mine is a 155 and came at a great discount (and without start and stop :lemon.
          Techno THP155 Ruby Red White Roof

Comment

Post a link please.
            I make cars go quicker then take photos of them.
            Genuine Alientech Kess V2 & K-Tag

Comment

The car you describe sounds like the one we have (it was factory fresh last October). As far as I can tell the new blue hdi diesels weren't ready for the LED headlamp facelift so for a few months they sold the e-hdi with the facelift bits on it.

Should have these wheels.

If it has it'll be around 6-12 months old I forget when the Bluehdi replaced it exactly, but if it has Aphrodite wheels it won't be ancient as the dstyle + only got them post facelift, it'll also have the old style DS badging on the back it was a bit of a halfway house model.
              Last edited by StevenRB45; 25-10-2015, 17:42.
              Crystal White pearl Mazda 3 Takuya 1.6
              Whisper Purple/White DS3 Dstyle plus 1.6 e-Hdi

Comment

Nothing wrong with cars sitting about, it's nowhere near as bad as it used to be years ago. Contract hire deal doesn't seem to add up, but if it does it is astounding. Citroen dealers can't even contract hire their own courtesy cars for that price. The revenue for the hire net of vat is around £3700.00 over 3 years. ( if it is a 3 year agreement) Means they would be requiring a residual around £7500.00 without making a penny. If it is right then, subject to the mileage conditions, it is remarkable.

Comment

Thinking on if it is the old model it won't have the downgraded rear brakes so 4 discs not discs and drums.
                  Crystal White pearl Mazda 3 Takuya 1.6
                  Whisper Purple/White DS3 Dstyle plus 1.6 e-Hdi

Comment

That deal sounds like a dealer abusing the nation fleet and supply of new car 2000 terms. The only thing I can think of is that the company has bought the cars themselves and are offering the terms through their own company.

The new model was introduced in March 2015 so these cars have been kicking about for a while.
                    ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                    Bigfeet's File Repository
                    The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

I called on Monday and apparently the deal had vanished from their systems. Checked the site today and the offer is also gone so guess they've all been allocated. It did say they only had a few left.

The deal was advertised on http://www.carleasespecialoffers.co.uk/

They still have a similar deal on a DS4, again in-stock. Might look into that instead.

Thanks guys

Comment

The rest of their offers don't look particularly competitive. Worth comparing with dealer PCP agreements.

Comment

Working...
                        X