Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some advice please?

Hi Everyone

I am new to the forum so first off, my thanks to everyone on here, I am (maybe) going to be a new DS3 owner soon and I have been trawling around on here for a good few weeks trying to glean all the info that I can and you have all been very informative indeed.

Now for my problem:
    I ordered my car (Dstyle 82) back in August and have been patiently waiting ever since. Today, I was very happy to find out that my car had been delivered to the dealer, but then extremely miffed to hear that it was missing the only option that I chose, the upgraded HiFi! I obviously am pretty disappointed about this, I have even been busy sorting all my music in anticipation of having a nice sound system to listen to when the car finally gets here and now ...?

So I would be very grateful if any of you could suggest how I might deal with this situation.
    • Obviously if I insist on getting what I asked for, I am looking at another 3 months wait.
    • I have asked if, because this is their mistake, this can be remedied in an expedited fashion and I am told this is not possible.
    • I have asked if this can be retro-fitted and am told this is also not possible - some random story about a completely different loom ..?
    • I am interested to confirm, is the HiFi upgrade just the extra speaker and sub or are there other features that I would be missing.
    • How much difference is there in the sound quality with and without the upgraded system?

Obviously my only other option is to tell them to keep it and go and look for something else which I really don't want to do, but one sort of feels that on principle, if they have messed up a pretty simple order, they should do something to fix it? Or maybe my expectations are a bit high in dealing with car companies (I haven't bought a new car for about 20 years).

Thank you in advance for any advice you can offer.

Cheers!

When I buy a new car feel that one of the major points is that you can spec it exactly how you want. If you wanted to compromise could have bought used. I would(and have when something similar happened to me) told them to stuff it and go get something else.
    Originally posted by cyclone
    It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
    Originally posted by Broda
    I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Is there not something of a suitable spec in the dealer network?

Comment

Hi Folks, thanks for the responses.

@Cyclone - That's my sentiments exactly but I really need the car and my options are something like a Mini or a Fiesta which wouldn't be first choice anyway ... very annoying.

@joeking27 - apparently not. This is the part I don't understand. If they are so busy that you have to wait 3 months for delivery then surely in the system somewhere is a car that is specced the same. You make a mistake, you then take the next car of the same spec and give it to the person whose order you messed up, and push everyone else back one ...? I'm sure most businesses would operate that way. I wouldn't mind waiting another week or two for them to get it right, but not another three months?

I would be interested in an opinion about how much different the sound is with and without upgrade? The dealer is wanting me to come in and sign papers this morning. I am going to listen to the HiFi and compare before I make a decision, but without spending a bit of time setting up I'm not sure if I will get an accurate picture?

Comment

Originally posted by cyclone View Post
          When I buy a new car feel that one of the major points is that you can spec it exactly how you want. If you wanted to compromise could have bought used. I would(and have when something similar happened to me) told them to stuff it and go get something else.
          100% agree with this.

The other thing to check if you do end up taking the car, is that they're charging you correctly for the spec that has arrived, not the spec you ordered.
          - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
          - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Welcome

Originally posted by meeladdie View Post
            Now for my problem:
            I ordered my car (Dstyle 82) back in August and have been patiently waiting ever since. Today, I was very happy to find out that my car had been delivered to the dealer, but then extremely miffed to hear that it was missing the only option that I chose, the upgraded HiFi! I obviously am pretty disappointed about this, I have even been busy sorting all my music in anticipation of having a nice sound system to listen to when the car finally gets here and now ...?

So I would be very grateful if any of you could suggest how I might deal with this situation.
            • Obviously if I insist on getting what I asked for, I am looking at another 3 months wait.
              Possibly, it's 3 months because it's built to order. With the 1000's of cars made and, then passed all checks, then delivered to the UK, then to the dealer you placed the order with their will inevitably be a wait.
              Unless there is one in the dealership system that matches your spec - They can check this for you.
              You could always call another dealer and ask they if they have your spec in? Pretend you haven't ordered one and are looking around to see if they have or know anyone that has exactly what you are after. Does no harm to do your own investigating. You might be surprised what another dealership will do for you.

• I have asked if, because this is their mistake, this can be remedied in an expedited fashion and I am told this is not possible.
              What did they say about it not being possible?

• I have asked if this can be retro-fitted and am told this is also not possible - some random story about a completely different loom ..?
              I'm no expert on this, but below lists the differences.

• I am interested to confirm, is the HiFi upgrade just the extra speaker and sub or are there other features that I would be missing.
              USB & Aux port, extra speaker and sub and I think different display.

• How much difference is there in the sound quality with and without the upgraded system?
              I've not been in one without the upgrade, but I was chuffed to bits with mine in my first DS3 and so pleased I added it!

Obviously my only other option is to tell them to keep it and go and look for something else which I really don't want to do, but one sort of feels that on principle, if they have messed up a pretty simple order, they should do something to fix it? Or maybe my expectations are a bit high in dealing with car companies (I haven't bought a new car for about 20 years).
            I would agree that they should be doing everything they can to find a solution for you. It's not the dealerships fault if they sent the spec off as required and at the factory it wasn't added. They are the only ones you can vent your frustrations to right now, but it wasn't their fault. In the same breath they should be doing all they can to help you rectify the situation.

Do you have a sheet with the spec of your car you agreed with the dealership?

@joeking27 - apparently not. This is the part I don't understand. If they are so busy that you have to wait 3 months for delivery then surely in the system somewhere is a car that is specced the same. You make a mistake, you then take the next car of the same spec and give it to the person whose order you messed up, and push everyone else back one ...? I'm sure most businesses would operate that way. I wouldn't mind waiting another week or two for them to get it right, but not another three months?
            Remember its not a 3 month delivery, it's full build, checks and transport. If you ordered a bespoke DS3 - they need to make this for you. Not just find one with the same spec in the DS factory car park.
            My DS3R3... nearly....
            New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Whilst I think WTF makes great points above, I agree with cyclone and Beefy, if it's not what you ordered why bother buying new ? I wouldn't buy a new car and then accept anything other than my choice of colour, I'd feel the same about the hifi upgrade too
              sigpic

Comment

Maybe I'm too optimistic.

I'd also not throw the towel in when it was no fault of the dealership IF they are doing everything in their power to resolve something that wasn't their fault.

It's a sh*t, and shouldn't happen. But it does and it has - now is the time to fix and resolve it. There's little that can come of being bitter towards anyone - not saying you are meeladdie!!

If the dealership can't help, and all avenues come to a dead end with regards to what is wanted - then I'd say sorry, I'm not happy and go elsewhere and find something that makes the person happy.
                My DS3R3... nearly....

Comment

Hi All

Thanks for the opinions, I have been procrastinating all morning trying to make my mind up. I'm glad the the majority of you feel the same as me, that if you have ordered - and waited three months for - a specific thing, then that is what you should get.

@WTF - when I asked if this could be remediated faster, I was told that basically if the order goes back into the system, you just go to the back of the queue and start again?

I do have the original order, with the upgrade on. The dealer is not disputing the fact at all, they are basically saying "sorry, the factory made a mistake, what do you want to do?" They have checked the network to see if there are any others available.

I'm not really angry/bitter, just disappointed, I do really enjoy my music and the HiFi was something I was particularly looking forward to. I think my main frustration is that there doesn't seem to be any sort of compromise to do anything. I understand that there aren't a bunch of cars sitting in the car park at the factory but I am pretty confident that somewhere in the system is a car of the same spec at a more advance stage of the process than starting again, I just feel that there must be some way of getting me what I asked for quicker than starting over. I bet if the Chairman of Citroen wanted one for his wife, it would happen.

I will try your idea of randomly trying another dealer, see what they can come up with.

Cheers.

Comment

Hi All

Thanks for the opinions, I have been procrastinating all morning trying to make my mind up. I'm glad the the majority of you feel the same as me, that if you have ordered - and waited three months for - a specific thing, then that is what you should get.

@WTF - when I asked if this could be remediated faster, I was told that basically if the order goes back into the system, you just go to the back of the queue and start again?

I do have the original order, with the upgrade on. The dealer is not disputing the fact at all, they are basically saying "sorry, the factory made a mistake, what do you want to do?" They have checked the network to see if there are any others available.

I'm not really angry/bitter, just disappointed, I do really enjoy my music and the HiFi was something I was particularly looking forward to. I think my main frustration is that there doesn't seem to be any sort of compromise to do anything. I understand that there aren't a bunch of cars sitting in the car park at the factory but I am pretty confident that somewhere in the system is a car of the same spec at a more advance stage of the process than starting again, I just feel that there must be some way of getting me what I asked for quicker than starting over. I bet if the Chairman of Citroen wanted one for his wife, it would happen.

I will try your idea of randomly trying another dealer, see what they can come up with.

Cheers.
                    Oh I'm definitely not saying you should make do with what has been delivered I agree that its not right, just wanted to offer something more than a quick reply and not much more offered in the way of help, advice and backup!

Seems wrong they said it goes back in the queue, and expect you to wait 6 months in total, that's mad to think they expect you to say, 'oh ok, another 3 months, I'll just wait 6 months for something that was someone's fault wrong, see you in February guys!' I would have hoped they would have been a bit more sympathetic and tried to do something more.

Awesome, just checking it's there so you have your backup on paper. Again, to me it seems they could be doing a lot more to help you.

Yeah, must be gutting. My first DS3 came with the wrong matt's - but this is nothing compared. Even that I was annoyed about! If its not what you were waiting for, its rubbish. Even if its a sandwich from a Deli and they put the wrong filling it it's a hmph, and an annoyance. Nothing compared to 3 month wait for something way more time and money has been invested in with little help at the end to resolve a fault! - I'm not comparing your DS3 to sandwich btw But expectations should be met when its something so important.

Just a shame the dealership sound like they have closed this chapter for you.

You never know, you might find more than you where looking for whilst calling other dealerships and this will just become a blip in the journey to get a car that makes you really happy!
                    My DS3R3... nearly....

Comment

Taking the financial hit of buying a brand new car, sucking up the thousands of pounds in depreciation on that new car and its not even what you want!
                      Originally posted by cyclone
                      It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
                      Originally posted by Broda
                      I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Or finding what you want or better - then losing thousands in depreciation on car you do want.
                        My DS3R3... nearly....

Comment

Thank you all.

I've got another couple of dealers calling me back and then I'm going to go down and talk to the ones who have (part of :confused my car in their yard. I do feel better that others share my opinion, that it is something worth being disappointed about. I don't want to find myself driving along the highway in a few month's time with tunes playing thinking it could have been better?

Cheers.

Comment

Too many people looking for problems not solutions.

Facts,
                            Your car is missing the HiFi upgrade.
                            You don't want to wait for a new order.

Options,
                            Take the car as is.
                            Dont take the car as is.
                            Take the car and with the money saved from the missing HiFi add your own sub.

SFG
                            Finding terminal solutions for emerging problems since 1991.
                            Last edited by Superfly Guy; 04-11-2015, 16:58.

Comment

Ha ha SFG - nice try, if only things were always so simple. You missed an option though:
                              • Citroen fix their f**k-up and give me the car I ordered?

Based on the last couple of days, although that would be the preferred option I don't think it is going to be available to me.

Looks like life is good at Citroen at the moment, they don't need customers? I had an arrangement with my dealer to meet him yesterday and when I arrived there he wasn't there! After expressing my dissatisfaction was brought to the "sales manager" - who is apparently just filling in - and he couldn't tell me anything? Promised to phone me back after speaking to his manager - I'm still waiting?

The other dealer that I spoke to you yesterday to find out what's available (told him I'm ready to buy a car now) sounded pretty disinterested and also promised to call me back - still waiting for that call too?

Oh dear, and it all seemed to be going so well... up until the point they actually had to deliver the car?

Comment

Working...
                              X