Ds3 dsport diesel reliability

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ds3 dsport diesel reliability

I was looking at buying a petrol dsport, however I'm limited to a budget of £7000. I have read on a few places that some of the earlier models have engine problems, so I was looking at later models which takes me out my budget. So I've started looking at a dsport diesel and was wondering what they are like reliability wise before I go and test drive one. I've tried looking on this forum and on the web but can't seem to find anything which makes me think it's quite reliability wise but I thought I should ask before making the plunge.

Had my 110hdi dsport for over 3 years now, not had any problems so far.

Comment

It's a bit of a roulette with the petrol dsport. Some are fine and stay completely fine. Depends if you want to spin that wheel. I favoured the diesel over the petrol for reliability and lots can be gained from mods. Nail in the coffin was being in Liam's 150thp the moment the piston shattered leaving the supermarket. I couldn't drive a petrol always worried that every new noise wasn't the start of the end of my ds3's engine.

No edition is going to have a clean slate. But in my 5 year experience on here, diesel wins hands down.

Just remember to take every bad thing you may read with a pinch of salt. People will always post more about problems than to brag about how trouble free their car is
      My DS3R3... nearly....
      New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

As WTF says, just like the news people rarely post the good things. My 2010 petrol DSport has been pretty much trouble free, the only issue was going into limp mode once about a year ago, it sorted itself out and changing the High Pressure Fuel Pump cured the issue, ive had the engine walnut blasted to remove carbon deposits and apart from that, no issues I have had to pay for (and no issues I noticed, items were replaced under warranty during routine service).

If you can find a car within your price bracket that has had the troublesome parts re[placed then the Petrol/Diesel decision is not as clear-cut.

Comment

I agree with both the posts above ^

I've only had Diesel DS3s and with a remap they're even better to drive, no mechanical issues for me (save a huge stop into the motorway central barrier thanks to a blowout ) The diesels love driving long distances so if you do those then that's a tick in their favour.
          sigpic

Comment

I've had my diesel for nearly 2 years no problems whatsoever.
            I don't do a lot of mileage so every month or so I give it a blast on the motorway in high revs to force a dpf regeneration to clear it out.
            The fuel economy is excellent compared to my last petrol car.

Comment

3 years old 50k miles still drives great

Comment

1 1/2 yr old Airdream DSport Plus and the only problem has been one of the seats wouldn't remain upright so got replaced under warranty.

Comment

My 2011 THP150 is for sale at BCC Bolton for £7900 if you want a petrol

Had the high pressure fuel pump replaced in March 2014 and the front anti-roll bar replaced in September 2014. When I part-exed it, it was on about 34000 miles. It could probably do with a walnut blast but other than that it was fine.
                  May 2011 - October 2015: White body/black roof/white Bellone THP150
                  October 2015 - Present: Black body/emerald green roof/black Aphrodite THP165
                  Instagram @adamds3

Comment

34000 miles, deffo needs a walnut blast.

Comment

On my 2nd diesel now 65k miles on first one and just passed 51k on current one, no issues, tho I have had to buy a headlight bulb for current one. :eek:

Comment

The psa diesel is common as muck and has been in everything from vans to big volvos, they seem to be fine as long as they get looked after. No issues with ours so far, despite being used for really short trips mainly which is not usually good for diesels.
                        Crystal White pearl Mazda 3 Takuya 1.6
                        Whisper Purple/White DS3 Dstyle plus 1.6 e-Hdi

Comment

Originally posted by gmt234 View Post
                          On my 2nd diesel now 65k miles on first one and just passed 51k on current one, no issues, tho I have had to buy a headlight bulb for current one. :eek:
                          Ha ha, on some forums that would mean pitchforks and flaming torches at the ready !
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X