Traction control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Traction control

I found out the traction control can only be turned on below certain speeds,and switches off above certain speeds too.
    But when the TC light is illuminated on the dashboard. Is the TC switched on or off?

When the TC light is flashing on the dashboard it means you are driving in a manner in which it is required! i.e. power on hard when exiting a roundabout.
    LA PETITE FUSEE / THE LITTLE ROCKET

sigpic

Comment

Yeah. I sussed that bit. I mean
      If you press the switch the light comes on and stays on till you get to a certain speed. Does that mean the TC is active.

Comment

Yeah. I sussed that bit. I mean
        If you press the switch the light comes on and stays on till you get to a certain speed. Does that mean the TC is active.

Comment

What Engine? The only ones where you can switch the traction completely off are the THP and the Racing.
          Citroën DS³ // THP 155 // Body Ruby Red // Roof Moondust
          DS³R Speedometer // 19" OEM Cairns // KW V3 Coilovers

Comment

The only time you press at start, the bottom right control button ,the traction control is turned off to pull away, but, as on my old C4 will come back on once you are driving at higher speeds.It`s a safety thing I believe as the cars do feel and handle very differently with TC turned off.
            LA PETITE FUSEE / THE LITTLE ROCKET

sigpic

Comment

It is the vti 120. Thing is if the car is stationary. Pressing the TC button on the bottom right ( by your knee) the light comes on on the switch and on the dashboard showing a skidding car. Press it again and it goes off. I presume when they are lit traction control is active.
              It is an automatic if that might make any difference

Comment

Usually when the light is on it is off. When it flashing (i.e. whilst driving quickly round corners) it is being utilised.
                @mike_lowsocial

Comment

That sounds more like it. So it is on by default. Switch off -able in say mud or snow...

Comment

I thought the light is off unless the system has been disabled or the system is currently active (I.e. it's trying to stop you crashing at that moment), other than at start up where all lights will be on until the self tests are done the light would also illuminate and stay on if there is a fault.
                    Crystal White pearl Mazda 3 Takuya 1.6
                    Whisper Purple/White DS3 Dstyle plus 1.6 e-Hdi

Comment

Yeah as above, if the light is showing on the dashboard the system is switched off, as a non Racing/THP owner it will restart the system around 30mph automatically
                      sigpic

Comment

Traction control

The light on my dash doesn't come on when I press the button to turn off the ESP on my THP165:-/
                        Last edited by THP; 17-11-2015, 13:38.
                        May 2011 - October 2015: White body/black roof/white Bellone THP150
                        October 2015 - Present: Black body/emerald green roof/black Aphrodite THP165
                        Instagram @adamds3

Comment

Is there a light on the switch itself ?
                          sigpic

Comment

Traction control

Originally posted by lfcrule1972 View Post
                            Is there a light on the switch itself ?
                            Yeah, that comes on but not in the strip next to the speedo. My THP150 had the constant light on the dash when the button was pressed though. I've been taking it easy on the car and not had the traction control work because it's only a month old so I don't know if the dash light is broken.
                            May 2011 - October 2015: White body/black roof/white Bellone THP150
                            October 2015 - Present: Black body/emerald green roof/black Aphrodite THP165
                            Instagram @adamds3

Comment

I get both on my thp 150 a light on the switch & a permanently lit symbol on the dash when esp is turned off

Comment

Working...
                              X