Dealer name & shame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dealer name & shame

Don't know if this is allowed in the forum, but I don't see why not.

Just a heads up for anyone in the Lincolnshire/Humberside/East Riding area of the country to give a wide berth to Hartwell in Grimsby as well as Evans Halshaw in Hull. No, I have no current or former connection with either these or any other car dealerships, but the rudeness and unhelpfulness of the staff at both has prompted me to pass on my experiences. Both were fantastic at giving me a test drive, but don't know anything about the vehicles. Grimsby treated me like I was there to steal something because I went in a couple of nights after work to sit inside different models and make certain I was happy with a DS3 and in Hull they expect you to pay top price (only for what they have in there and then) after only a 10 minute drive -not gonna happen. I'm about to part with £18,000 of my own hard-earned cash and I expect more. When it became clear it was likely to be a factory order they told me to not expect any discount and I'd only get my PX price once the DS3 came in, not today...err, hello...I'd already said I wasn't PX'ing anything and was paying cash! They only wanted to sell me one of their stock. I'll be buying from the likes of Broadspeed for sure now.

Special mention to Naz in Hull, though, who whilst new, did his best to find answers to anything he didn't know.
    Last edited by singlelayer; 21-03-2011, 08:54. Reason: Title spelling error

I'm sorry I don't see why Hull should be listed as a Shamed Dealer, just because they wouldn't give you a discount??
    ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
    Bigfeet's File Repository
    The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

I unfortunately used the dealership in Grimsby, I had heard horror stories about Citrien dealerships but really liked the DS3. The salesman couldnt have been more helpful when I was ordering the car but once they got my money the service really went down hill. They didnt return my calls or emails, I still havent received my documentation for my GAP insurance and 3 year servicing, I bought the car in September 2010. I've had a few issues with the car which they were not really bothered about, I ended up emailling their head office and also Citroen Uk and received a call back inside of 5 minutes. The expereince really put me off Citroen and although I love the car I wouldnt buy another one . . . . . until I used the dealership in Lincoln who were very helpful and couldnt do enough to help me. They have restored my faith in Citroen and if I was to get another one I would use them

Comment

I was told by the lady who handed over my new DS3 that Citroen UK would send me directly a questionnaire and she said how unforgiving they were to dealerships who didn't score 100% across the board in terms of customer satisfaction.

She suggested that any dealerships which didn't come up to scratch would quickly lose the franchise.

Hence if this is an ongoing issue with these specific dealerships, I'm surprised by these comments.

Comment

Originally posted by mor91069340 View Post
          . . . . . until I used the dealership in Lincoln who were very helpful and couldnt do enough to help me. They have restored my faith in Citroen and if I was to get another one I would use them
          Where did you go - Advantage?
          My DS3R3... nearly....
          New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

I've not received a questionnaire from Citroen and I wonder if there are others that haven't had one either

Comment

Originally posted by WTF View Post
              Where did you go - Advantage?
              Yes it was Advantage, they have been really good so far

Comment

Originally posted by mor91069340 View Post
                Yes it was Advantage, they have been really good so far
                Thats where I went!! :-D

I live in Hertfordshire! - So there was reason we went there, they where brill! Harry was my salesman, and he was fab. Ok, so I think the fact we got on well helped, as I'm sure he didn't text all his customers at the weekends abd cider and Jagermeister. But he was really good, kept me updated all the way through. Emails, texts and calls. He even sent me an picture message of my car - saying 'look what's just arrived' the day WTF arrived. Shame he left to work for Honda

I had two duff experiences with two local dealers, one in Hemel - he would ring me all the time - 'have you made your mind up yet' and was rude. The other in MK where I test drove the THP wasn't very polite either, and said I needed to make my mind up before he went on holiday in 2 days. He said I needed to be quick as they only had a limited number to sell, and if I didn't buy one from him I'd miss out. Re the discount, he said that no dealer would discount the DS3 or they would lose thier job . .
                My DS3R3... nearly....
                New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Originally posted by WTF View Post
                  Thats where I went!! :-D

I live in Hertfordshire! - So there was reason we went there, they where brill! Harry was my salesman, and he was fab. Ok, so I think the fact we got on well helped, as I'm sure he didn't text all his customers at the weekends abd cider and Jagermeister. But he was really good, kept me updated all the way through. Emails, texts and calls. He even sent me an picture message of my car - saying 'look what's just arrived' the day WTF arrived. Shame he left to work for Honda

I had two duff experiences with two local dealers, one in Hemel - he would ring me all the time - 'have you made your mind up yet' and was rude. The other in MK where I test drove the THP wasn't very polite either, and said I needed to make my mind up before he went on holiday in 2 days. He said I needed to be quick as they only had a limited number to sell, and if I didn't buy one from him I'd miss out. Re the discount, he said that no dealer would discount the DS3 or they would lose thier job . .
                  I wish I had gone there in the first place, I only went to the other dealership as they had a family day and it gave the kids something to do while I looked at cars. The whole experience has been soured by the lack of care I received from the other dealership, they even told me when I picked the car up I had to say everything was excellent otherwise they didnt get paid on the Citroen feedback forms, I felt slightly uncomfortable being asked to do this. They registered the car in my name instead of my wifes as requested and the 'free' Nintendo DS which was part of the family day didnt materialise for over 3 months after purchasing the car and only came after a lot of nagging. They also managed to balls up the financing, I only noticed when I got home !!!
                  I absolutely love the car, I seem to be the only person on here with a black edition , its a shame some of the dealerships cant get their acts together.

Comment

Thomas & Davies, Merthyr Tydfil...

Fantastic Dealers And Will Highly Recommend Them !

Comment

The 4 Citroen dealers i've visited have all been amazing, really helpful etc etc

Crayford Motors Citroen
                      Eddy Grimstead Romford
                      Citroen City London
                      London West Citroen

Can highly recommend all of the above

Comment

Why 4 ? lol

Comment

I would recommend my local dealer Palmers of Watford, I bought my C2 from them, it was second hand about 18 months old. After picking it up I noticed that the cover inside the lower half of the tailgate was missing, I went back and they quickly found another cover and then discovered that my car didn't have the holes for the securing clips, apparently for about 6 months Citroen stopped fitting the cover, anyway they whipped the car into the workshop and drilled the necessary holes. A month or so later I noticed the drivers door rubber seal had started to rip, took the car in, they inspected it and then booked the car in for a new seal to be fitted no questions asked. The salesman I originally dealt with emailed me several times after I bought the car to see how everything was. I have used them for servicing the car and always find the staff very helpful.

I ordered a DS3 Racing through them last September and was expecting to take delivery before the end of this month, however there have been delays and the car is not expected before the end of the month when my C2's MOT was due, I have just got back from Palmers where they have MOT'd the C2 for me free of charge.

This is the only Citroen dealer I have ever dealt with and would certainly recommend them to anyone looking to buy a Citroen.
                          DS3 Racing, also available in White!!!

Comment

Glad to see the Eddy Grimstead are there, its where i bought mine. They didnt mess about and were helpful getting me some finance qoutes unlike another dealer i visited. They havent called up much about the status of the car but thats just cause its taking FOREVER, to get it into the uk.

Comment

Originally posted by ZACK View Post
                              Why 4 ? lol
                              Haha, it's because I wanted to actually drive a DSPORT rather than see a picture of one and drive that Orla Kiely monstrosity :P

Originally posted by Bensds3 View Post
                              Glad to see the Eddy Grimstead are there, its where i bought mine. They didnt mess about and were helpful getting me some finance qoutes unlike another dealer i visited. They havent called up much about the status of the car but thats just cause its taking FOREVER, to get it into the uk.
                              When did you order yours? I ordered mine on the 8th but have held off of phoning as I phoned nearly every day when I was waiting for my C2VTS lol

Comment

Working...
                              X