Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying a second hand DS3 on Saturday

Hi All,

I am new on here this afternoon, but I'm due to test drive a used DS3 Dsport Diesel ( 2010) on Saturday and wondered if there is anything to look out for? Its done 43k and the October MOT advises discs all round. I 'm coming froma a SEAT Altea 2.0 TDi, so i am assuming i will miss the quickness possibly, but the SEAT is probably a heavier car anyway. Any helpful tips to look out for would be grateful though.

Thanks

Richard

Originally posted by Rich007 View Post
    Hi All,

I am new on here this afternoon, but I'm due to test drive a used DS3 Dsport Diesel ( 2010) on Saturday and wondered if there is anything to look out for? Its done 43k and the October MOT advises discs all round. I 'm coming froma a SEAT Altea 2.0 TDi, so i am assuming i will miss the quickness possibly, but the SEAT is probably a heavier car anyway. Any helpful tips to look out for would be grateful though.

Thanks

Richard
    I think you'll be pleasantly suprised

The 2010 THP's have some known issues but there's no serious faults with the diesels from that era that I'm aware of other than simple things such as:

Corrossion on the centrecaps of the wheels (check them for any bubbling or unusual features)
    Corroded exhaust bracket (check the exhaust for excessive play)
    Temperature sensor fault - Uncommon, should be covered under extended warranty but check first.

Let us know how you find it!
    cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Second what Dangerousfish said, plus you get a good diesel engined DS3 that is easily good for another 150,000 miles!
      LA PETITE FUSEE / THE LITTLE ROCKET

sigpic

Comment

Thanks Chaps, i was worried it wouldn't have the mid range 'ooomph' of the SEAT but i'll give it a go. I do like the look and many years ago i had a couple of new Saxo VTS's so i'm a slightly familiar to Citroens!

Comment

It's got plenty of goooo

Comment

Things to check for,

Run your hand along the black platic bit of the front bumper, if it isn't smooth (I.E has been caught on a kerb or speed bump or whatever) take £250 off the asking price! You'll need a new front bumper. Also to double check, the panel gap between the front bumper and wing. If they don't sit flush you'll also need a new front bumper.
            I make cars go quicker then take photos of them.
            Genuine Alientech Kess V2 & K-Tag

Comment

Take your time to look over the car, look over the service history (full dealer better as it would have been checked for recalls) and general condition of the car. If the dealer is fully approved as if you can see the multipoint check sheet to see what work has been done, any dealer worth his salt would not object to this request.

The other thing is ask to see the HPI report for the car or do one yourself.
              ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
              Bigfeet's File Repository
              The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Originally posted by charlesthetog View Post
                Things to check for,

Run your hand along the black platic bit of the front bumper, if it isn't smooth (I.E has been caught on a kerb or speed bump or whatever) take £250 off the asking price! You'll need a new front bumper. Also to double check, the panel gap between the front bumper and wing. If they don't sit flush you'll also need a new front bumper.
                Not germane to the thread itself but for general knowledge that black plastic piece is replaceable separate from the bumper.
                Originally posted by cyclone
                It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
                Originally posted by Broda
                I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Originally posted by cyclone View Post
                  Not germane to the thread itself but for general knowledge that black plastic piece is replaceable separate from the bumper.
                  yes you are correct but if it's been caught then the rest of the bumper will be broken! It only takes a slight scratch on the black bit for the full bumper to be ruined

Comment

Originally posted by charlesthetog View Post
                    yes you are correct but if it's been caught then the rest of the bumper will be broken! It only takes a slight scratch on the black bit for the full bumper to be ruined
                    A bit of an exaggeration there.

Comment

What about cambelt changing intervals? - time wise or mileage wise? The SEAT was about 70k ( ish) I wouldn't thought @ £43k it was a major concern?, but i may be wrong?

Comment

my service booklet is saying 150k miles or 10 years normal and 110k miles or 10 years for harsh conditions.

Comment

Thanks cyclone, one less thing to worry about then!

Comment

Check for rust bubbles or blisters just above chrome trim on doors and also around door mirrors.

Comment

Originally posted by cyclone View Post
                              A bit of an exaggeration there.
                              not really!
                              2 ds3's 1 I caught on a speed bump slightly (warped the bumper so the 2 atachments snapped at the bottom and the wheel arch used to fall down)
                              The other she said she caught a pavement. That has broken all the clips and has had to be glued until new bumper comes.

What I wrote was based on Fact!

Comment

Working...
                              X