Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alarm System?

Hi everyone

Just became a new owner of a 2012 DS3 106 VTi 120 Dstyle! Super excited to start my journey with this car. However, just a quick question... I've read a bit and found that my car doesn't have a factory fitted alarm! Its Scaring me a little, but is it true? And if so, is there a recommended aftermarket alarm that i could fit? Would really love the peace of mind of an anti-theft alarm... Or am I getting worried for nothing:bow:

Thanks guys
    Nesh

DStyle's don't have a factory-fitted alarm. Doesn't worry me, as I consider alarms to be pretty well useless.

Comment

Only the DSport and upwards models have the factory fitted alarm from what I recall by standard.

Comment

What your car is fitted with though is an intruder device, if the doors are breached a horn will sound giving some sort of alert. The factory alarm detects movement inside the car.

Plus the transponder immobiliser is a tough nut to crack which is why most car thieves break into the house these days.
        ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
        Bigfeet's File Repository
        The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys as luck would have it, the previous owner bought the car with the sports pack, so i got all the best bits, and the dealer didn't even know!

Comment

Alarm is a waste of time

Comment

Working...
            X