Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FAO Those with tyre pressure warnings

When do they actually go off?

Our ds3 doesn't have a particularly rigorous maintenance regime for various reasons but anyway both me and the car were in the same place in daylight and I did the tyre pressures for first time in a while. All 4 wheels were 5 PSI down and not a peep out of the warning, do they only work if the wheel is flat at the bottom? As far as I know I've followed the directions to the letter, I.e. set the pressures then reset the system on the car computer screen but it's never actually done anything.
    Last edited by StevenRB45; 06-12-2015, 21:54.
    Crystal White pearl Mazda 3 Takuya 1.6
    Whisper Purple/White DS3 Dstyle plus 1.6 e-Hdi

It will go off when say 1 of the tires is low but if they are all the same then it would not. That has to do with how it senses that a tire is low. The system uses the tire speed sensor to compare all 4 tires speed and when a tire has low air pressure then it will have a different circumference so that 1 tire would be going at a slightly different speed than the other three setting off the warning. This is also the reason that you need to reinitialize the system after adding air to the tires.
    Originally posted by cyclone
    It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
    Originally posted by Broda
    I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

As Cyclone said the system does NOT record the pressures, it is mechanical in operation.

There is a tolerance built into the system to take into account different loads and temperature so the change in pressure does need to be a large one before the system fires.
      ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
      Bigfeet's File Repository
      The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Thanks gents, Tbf it might be a side effect of the low profile Michelin's as well guess it takes quite a drop in pressure for them to flex compared to balloon tyres. Shall keep a closer eye in future.
        Crystal White pearl Mazda 3 Takuya 1.6
        Whisper Purple/White DS3 Dstyle plus 1.6 e-Hdi

Comment

The last time my system beeped its was 11psi down from 38psi

Comment

Mines been going loopy since having 2 tyres fitted. have checked and reset system about 6 times now. :mad:
            BumbleBee OneTwenteeee!

Comment

Working...
            X