1.2 pure tech

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1.2 pure tech

What's everyone's thought on the 1.2 pure tech pros & cons especially the mechanical side & the models available?

Joni had a drive of one of these the other day, she said it felt very similar to her 120vti but saying that, she didn't get an opportunity to boot it too hard

I'm sure she can give you a more detailed review when she's online.
    cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Originally posted by Dangerousfish View Post
      Joni had a drive of one of these the other day, she said it felt very similar to her 120vti but saying that, she didn't get an opportunity to boot it too hard
      I'd say the same - the Cabrio I drove in Ipswich was the 1.2 PureTech. I really liked it, was definitely similar to mine, but I also didn't get opportunity to boot it!
      Current: DS 3 Performance, Perla Nera Black with Sparkly Purple roof
      Previous: DS3 DStyle 120 VTi, Perla Nera Black with Fuchsia roof

Comment

How does it compare to a thp?

Comment

I'd guess not that well...... I suspect the performance is more akin to the 120Vti
          sigpic

Comment

On paper and always with a pinch of salt re what different sources say:

82 BHP
            0–60mph 9.6 secs
            Top speed 118 mph
            Torque 118 Nm 87 lb-ft

1.6 Vti
            120 BHP
            0–60mph 8.6 secs
            Top speed 118 mph
            Torque 160 Nm 118 lb-ft

150 THP
            0–60mph 7.1 secs
            Top speed 135 mph
            Torque 240 Nm 177 lb-ft

Performance is similar to the 120, it's nippy and would be perfect around town and great around lanes etc. Much the same as the Vti. Where as the 150 and above you have the performance and 6th gear.

I found it great fun, like my 120. Didn't get much of a chance to blast it about but I think it would be really fun and the oomph would be there what you need it thanks to the turbo.
            My DS3R3... nearly....
            New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Was the OP referring to the 110 version?

If so then you are looking at;

PureTech 110
              0–60mph 9.6 secs
              Top speed 118 mph
              Torque 205 Nm
              ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
              Bigfeet's File Repository
              The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

the 1.2, to me feels more like a hdi car in its power delivery,it revs well but the one i have is still low mileage,the torque feels like the diesel and you feel the turbo instantly,it is rather good fun to drive,its far nicer than the fairly flat,1.6 vti,and nothing like the thp,i have always thought the hdi dsport the nicest of the bunch ,till this 1.2 came out !

Comment

My ex-demonstrator 1.2 pure tech dstyle plus is the first petrol car I have had over 20 years of diesel ownership. I love the instant throttle response and the buzz of the turbo. Over 40 mpg around town is ideal for my low mileage so I don't miss diesel at all!
                  And think of all the servicing savings you get with only 3 spark plugs to replace! (Joke)
                  DAVE
                  2014 Turbocharged 1.2 PureTech DStyle Plus SS

Comment

I've got the Puretech auto and I love it!
                    Instagram - danlock92

Citroen C2 1.4 HDi
                    Citroen DS3 1.6 HDi Black Edition
                    Citroen DS3 1.6 e-HDi Dstyle Red
                    Citroen DS3 1.6 e-HDi Dsport Red
                    Citroen DS 4 2.0 BlueHDi Dsport
                    DS 3 1.2 Puretech EAT6 Dark Light

Comment

Had a spin in one today, quite surprised with the pick up couldn't do too much salesman Sat next to me, then poured along to mini Cooper and had a look salesman said take it away come back when your done 2 hours later I returned oops.

Comment

Originally posted by Hyperkev View Post
                        Had a spin in one today, quite surprised with the pick up couldn't do too much salesman Sat next to me, then poured along to mini Cooper and had a look salesman said take it away come back when your done 2 hours later I returned oops.
                        It is an odd practice, I test drove a DS4 with the wife and the salesman sat in the back who then insisted my testdrive took in 3 streets full of traffic lights and about 5 hill starts in central Gateshead then back to the dealer having not gone above 3rd gear. I was then asked "so what do you think?" To which my honest answer was "don't know mate not driven the car yet"

Oh well it wasn't like I went to another manufacturers dealership, got given a set of keys to a car and after having spent an enjoyable afternoon trying it out on my commute bought it..
                        Crystal White pearl Mazda 3 Takuya 1.6
                        Whisper Purple/White DS3 Dstyle plus 1.6 e-Hdi

Comment

That's the way to sell/test drive a car must say thou not keen on the mini colour choices

Sent from my SM-A500FU using Tapatalk

Comment

I feel as though the MINI is held back by trying to look like a Mini. The technology and chassis is 1st rate and they are very nicely put together but they insist on making it look like the bloated corpse of an original. If it was a stand alone car they could have a proper size boot and seats. It's already massive I parked the Mazda next to 5 dr and there's only about 2 inches in length difference and it's taller.

The DS3 for all of its annoyances is very good looking car with good interior space as well. Good looking to the point that even though I'm counting the days until it goes back I still look at it when its been washed and think "nice car that".
                            Crystal White pearl Mazda 3 Takuya 1.6
                            Whisper Purple/White DS3 Dstyle plus 1.6 e-Hdi

Comment

Did like the mini gear box

Comment

Working...
                              X