Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DS3 Car Stereo Audio USB - "Peripheral Error".

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DS3 Car Stereo Audio USB - "Peripheral Error".

Afternoon All,

I have a Citroen DS3 Sport HDI Airdream 61 Plate. I have been using the USB port in the middle console since I brought the car over a year ago now, and have
    never experienced any problems. The USB device I am using is a 64GB. I noticed nothing was saving to the device from my laptop so I formatted it. After formatting the device the music now stays on but now doesn't work in the car.. I don't understand, I've looked up on the manual and its says - re-format or it could be corrupted. I have never had any issues with this USB before and has always worked perfectly. I been told it could be because its a 64GB and that its too big for the drive in the car.. which cant be true considering ive used it before. Its soooo frustrating!!!
    Does anyone know what could be wrong???

Have you tried a different usb drive?
    Originally posted by cyclone
    It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
    Originally posted by Broda
    I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Welcome

Mine used to do this - have you taken out and tried again? This used to cure my one when it happened.

Not sure of the tech side to this though. Mine is just an 8gb mini usb.
      My DS3R3... nearly....
      New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

We get this all the time with out Peugot 3008 which has the same sound system. We have found if you scroll the source
        button through all 2 times it seems to work again or turn off ignition and re-connect.

Comment

Originally posted by Oakmere View Post
          We get this all the time with out Peugot 3008 which has the same sound system. We have found if you scroll the source
          button through all 2 times it seems to work again or turn off ignition and re-connect.
          This is either a brilliant troll or a wonderful solution!
          cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

I bought a Sandisk 64gb thumb drive in the Black Friday Sales last year (I was using a 32gb thumb drive) and found the same issue. I can only believe the car system can't handle the larger thumb drive capacity. I tried reformatting, deleting, removing/inserting the drive etc and nothing would make it play in the car

The drive works fine on PCs and the PS4 so I gave up and went with the "too big for the car system" reasoning. Oakmere's suggestion didn't work for me - give it a go and see if you're more lucky though
            sigpic

Comment

No Troll.
              Just thought it might be worth a try. We get it on iPhones in the 3008 but I have not had an issue so far in the Dsport.

Comment

Originally posted by Oakmere View Post
                No Troll.
                Just thought it might be worth a try. We get it on iPhones in the 3008 but I have not had an issue so far in the Dsport.
                Cheers buddy.
                cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

I've used both 32gb and 64gb on a 2014 DSport Sport Plus eHDI Airdream without the screen and a 2015 DSport THP with a touchscreen. 32gb never has a problem whereas 64gb is very temperamental. If it works it works but getting it to work can be a problem.

I've also had it where one 64gb drive has become corrupted following use in the car and although it could be reformatted it then kept throwing up various different errors. Had to bin it.

I've decided to stick with 32gb max.

Comment

Working...
                  X