What ds3 to buy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What ds3 to buy?

My wife needs a new car and she quite likes the look of a ds3.

My question is with a budget £13k what would people buy , she does sbout 10k a year and a lot of short
    journeys.

I got a pre reg Dstyle Ice Edition 1.6 eHDI 90 for pretty much that price.

Zero road tax, high mpg.

I do mainly short journeys and still get decent fuel economy more so than my last car which was a 1.6 petrol.

Comment

I have a petrol 1.6 THP but from your described 'usage' i would agree that a diesel might be better for MPG.

Comment

Personally I would steer clear of the diesel..it guzzles fuel on short trips as it never gets warm. We have a 90 e-hdi and it does 45mpg at which point you may as well have bought the cheaper petrol and enjoyed the extra bhp. Combined with less rattling and more fun..

Unless you're going to be sitting at constant speeds for long periods the petrol won't be hugely less efficient. Can't speak for the 115 but the 90 has daft gearing so it's always a job driving it which also makes it less efficient as you're forever changing down or hanging on to gears for longer than you should to get over a flat spot in the power delivery.
        Crystal White pearl Mazda 3 Takuya 1.6
        Whisper Purple/White DS3 Dstyle plus 1.6 e-Hdi

Comment

I'm worried about diesel and dpf problems, also whats peoples views on the puretech engine???

Comment

I've never dropped below 50mpg on my 90. I guess it depends on the type of short journey. It's semi rural here so a mix of 30mph and 60mph. With you on the weird hearing though

Comment

Originally posted by Cejsmith View Post
              I'm worried about diesel and dpf problems, also whats peoples views on the puretech engine???
              Our dpf is fine so far, they are bolted pretty much to the back of the turbo so heat up a lot faster than other manufacturers as far as I can tell. That and from a brief chat with a tech they shouldn't foul their sump oil with diesel as they use a separate catalyst solution injected onto the filter to the perform Regen's. We've never had any issues and our car is 14 months old and has only done 6k in that time. Although usage wise it's low mileage as it only tends to get used 3-4 days out of 7, and not for proper long journeys but when it does get used it does at least 6 miles out and the same back up a steep hill so that may be helping it. Not sure how it would cope with proper "round the doors" usage.

I've recently driven the 1.2 puretech 82 engine in a C3 and it seemed reasonable, obviously not a rocketship but easily as fast as the diesel if revved and makes less noise even pinging off the limiter than the diesel does at 3000rpm. Also got 50 mpg out of it, did the same trip later in the day back in our diesel ds3 and scored 51mpg. Not tried a boosted version only the baby one but it was a nice enough thing to use.

Comment

The thp seems to be the best value, have they sorted out the coking problem on that engine yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Cejsmith View Post
                  The thp seems to be the best value, have they sorted out the coking problem on that engine yet?
                  From what I read on here the 150bhp was pretty bad for it the later 155bhp was significantly improved, either way they can be walnut blasted back to health so it doesn't have to be a head off drama if it hits you.. Sure someone who owns one will chip in at some point but reliability wise the none-turbo petrol is probably a bit better as are the diesels.

There's quite a few threads on site regards what people have had done.

Comment

go for a pre reg or ex demo p/tech 110 engine. Its a 1.2 but enough power out of it that the cars still fun
                    :ds3: Part-Time DS Champ - Citroen & DS Sales Exec :ds3:

Comment

if its just for short journeys i would suggest the dstyle 82, cheap to run - 45ish to the gallon and petrol prices are dropping like mad atm. Decent spec, 7 inch touch screen bluetooth audio streaming etc.

Comment

Took out a 110 pure tech out today. Seemed quite nice, it seemed just about fast enough. Does anybody know how it compares to the old 1.6 engine?

Comment

No problems with my 90 ehdi short journeys. mpg compared to my old petrol Nissan juke are amazing.
                          Will definitely get another diesel

Comment

I drive 20 miles a day to work and back and then every other weekend I drive 240 miles, my 115 eHDi copes v well with this mixture and touch wood has not had any issues. The lowest mpg is 51.2 and the highest on motorway runs has been just over 60mpg - to be honest the 51.2 is great for me as I drive it energetically and keep the AC on all year round

Every now and then I go to turn off the engine and hear that the DPF clean/burn is running, I just wait a few mins, longest was 10 I think) for it to finish before turning off the engine. I'm guessing that most times it does it when I'm on my longer drives and I don't hear it

I still think Citroen should allow you to set one off when you're on a long journey to be on the safe side, if the ECU decides it's not required it can prevent that clean
                            Last edited by lfcrule1972; 18-12-2015, 07:54.
                            sigpic

Comment

hi,i sell a lot of ds3,s,i have driven and still have in stock thps,1.6 vti's,and 1.6 hdi' and one 1.2,for short town work and for smiles to the gallon i would wholeheartedly recommend the 1.2 pretech,its as responsive as the hdi low down,its reasonably refined and petrol is cheaper to buy,you would be welcome to come and tr
                              y all models side by side,i am in the area,www.qcars.org

Comment

Working...
                              X