Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Excessive Oil Consumption.

My wife has a DSport Cabrio 155 THP.
    It is an ex demo car bought with about 6000 miles on the clock. Current mileage is about 21000 and she does about 7000 miles a year. In the last few months, the Top Up Oil message has come up about every 3 or 4 weeks!Real pain in the arse. Fortunately,the car is under warranty until 1st March 2016, so I am going to take it into the dealers asap.I know there are previous oil consumtion threads, but has anyone got any views?I also reckon the dipstick should win a gold medal for being a pain in the arse, as well!
    Last edited by Seagull; 13-12-2015, 17:07.

When I first bought mine, the first thing an independent mechanic said to me was ' check your oil regularly'. He reckoned they could use 1L per 1000 miles. However, I've never had to top mine up but I have only done 5500 miles since end of January.
    "I'm a writer. I give the truth scope."
    https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100010501688560

Comment

Is there any sign of it going elsewhere? So leaks, sooty tail pipe/rear bumper e.t.c.
      Crystal White pearl Mazda 3 Takuya 1.6
      Whisper Purple/White DS3 Dstyle plus 1.6 e-Hdi

Comment

Originally posted by StevenRB45 View Post
        Is there any sign of it going elsewhere? So leaks, sooty tail pipe/rear bumper e.t.c.
        Certainly no sign of any leaks, Steven, and I'm pretty certain there is no sign of any soot.I will check in daylight tomorrow!

Comment

Update.
          Have spoken to local dealer who say that an acceptable rate of oil consumption for this engine is half a litre per 1000km/621 miles!!
          Sounds a heck of a lot to me.Anyway, I have booked the car in for shortly after Christmas.

Comment

Originally posted by Seagull View Post
            Update.
            Have spoken to local dealer who say that an acceptable rate of oil consumption for this engine is half a litre per 1000km/621 miles!!
            Sounds a heck of a lot to me.Anyway, I have booked the car in for shortly after Christmas.
            Sounds like my friendly mechanic was right then.
            "I'm a writer. I give the truth scope."
            https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100010501688560

Comment

My THP150 wanted a fair bit of oil. I think I put in a litre every 6 months or so, doing about 8000miles a year.
              May 2011 - October 2015: White body/black roof/white Bellone THP150
              October 2015 - Present: Black body/emerald green roof/black Aphrodite THP165
              Instagram @adamds3

Comment

I've had similar experience so far with my DSign 1.4 95 VTi. I obviously check the oil weekly but from my observations it will be fine for 2-3 weeks straight and then on the 4th check drop almost to minimum. I had my oil top up message come up about 4 weeks after buying the car and contacted the dealer who informed me this was because the oil filter was changed during service before I bought the car. They filled me up and set me on my way. However the problem's been persisting ever since then and I've owned the car for about 7 months now.

I finally managed to get around to getting the dealer to check it again properly this time last month as they were made to do so by Citroen, since I put in a formal complaint against the dealership and Citroen, and they concluded it was all alright. Citroen made them fill the oil up to the maximum mark, cover 1000km in it, drain it completely and then measure if the use was excessive.

If you're interested have a look at the email Citroen sent me during the complaint process.
                Attached Files

Comment

My thp is the same no move for weeks then down about half way for no apparent reason

Comment

Worst dipstick design ever, very difficult to accurately gauge the level (2010 THP).
                    I change my oil every 5k but ive never noticed the level drop by much and ive not had to top it up between changes.

Comment

I change mine every 6k about every 7 ish months & use about 3 litres of oil topping up I'd guess but it's not being burnt no blue smoke

Comment

Does anyone know if the Pure Tech 1.2 3 cylinder version also suffers from high oil consumption? I hope not as I love the cars lack of thirst for petrol which could be set back by a thirst for Oil!
                        DAVE
                        2014 Turbocharged 1.2 PureTech DStyle Plus SS

Comment

Not sure as such a new engine

Comment

No issues with the diesel engines for me, no top ups between the 12500 mile services, I do check it regularly though....
                            sigpic

Comment

Never really suffered from oil consumption and I've never understood the issue with the dipstick. I pull it out, clean it, check there is oil there and put it back in.

What is wrong with it?
                              Regards,

Simon

2011 DS3 DSport (Sport Red with Onyx Black Roof).
                              2014 208 GTi (Calado Blue).

Comment

Working...
                              X