Wind noise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wind noise

Hi all. Please keep the replies ds3 related !!
    Just a question, does anyone else suffer from excessive wind noise from around the top of the front door/ window areas on their car. Have DS3R and it seems very excessive. Was just wondering if it was a common problem before i go to the dealer and see if they will sort it under warranty. From experience of past cars, its usuall been down to incorrectly fitting doors, but dont want to wade into the dealers if its something that all DS3's suffer from.

thanks

Well I have a DS3r too, and have red some DS3 also complain about wind noise, but with the window down. As with the windows closed driving more than 60km/h I wouldn't probably hear it from the exhaust anyway
    DS3 Racing | Matt Orange | eTuners Stage III+ | Wössner Forged Pistons | Bastuck De-Cat Exhaust | Bilstein B12 Pro-Kit | AEM Water/Methanol Injection | Motul 300V Competition Oil | Mahle Coated Bearings | Cylinder Head Porting | 100 Octane Juice

Comment

I feel as though the mirrors and tops of the side windows are quite loud in our car, never thought it was faulty though.
      Crystal White pearl Mazda 3 Takuya 1.6
      Whisper Purple/White DS3 Dstyle plus 1.6 e-Hdi

Comment

If I remember correctly there was a problem with wind noise on early DS3s, the subject of an InfoRapid. Maybe a search on here will bring up the relevant thread.

Comment

I've had 3 and only my latest one has had wind noise with windows shut.

some say might be because the roof is missing

But on a serious note, both of my hatchbacks 62 and 14 never had any untoward wind noise.

Comment

I thought this when I first got mine. Took it back to Citroen and they said its because of the wing mirrors been rather big! Still think it now and it really bugs me! At least I now know it's not just me thinking something wasn't right!!

Comment

I've had two DS3s and I wouldn't say there was any excessive wind noise in either car. I've got wind deflectors on mine so I don't know if they help. It does mean you can open the windows a bit and not get the buffeting.
              May 2011 - October 2015: White body/black roof/white Bellone THP150
              October 2015 - Present: Black body/emerald green roof/black Aphrodite THP165
              Instagram @adamds3

Comment

Originally posted by Beccii View Post
                Took it back to Citroen and they said its because of the wing mirrors been rather big!
                It's amazing the drivel they spout!

Comment

Still found no cure to the wind noise problem on my DS3R. When the windows are closed, anything above 30mph and the noise is really annoying, and at motorway speeds it is a complete pain in the ass. Spoils what is really a good car.

Comment

Originally posted by Snerw0n View Post
                    Still found no cure to the wind noise problem on my DS3R. When the windows are closed, anything above 30mph and the noise is really annoying, and at motorway speeds it is a complete pain in the ass. Spoils what is really a good car.
                    I've never had a problem on either of my DS3s but I vaguely remember reading about a noise issue that got fixed by re-seating or replacing the rubber around the door windows.
                    - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
                    - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Perhaps you could try the wind deflectors....
                      sigpic

Comment

Funny that this should be mentioned, but the DS3 my wife and I tried yesterday had wind noise around the front small windows/wing mirror area. It died away at about 40mph, but beyond that it becomes really noticeable and is the dominant cockpit noise by 60-65mph.

That the cockpit is otherwise so quiet this stands out merely because it's the only significant noise. In isolation it's not a loud noise though... just the only one left. I'd put it down to the big wing mirrors too, on an otherwise aerodynamically clean part of the car.

But if this could be fixed by tweaks to the door/glass seals then that is great news since my wife said it may bug her enough to not buy the car... but I'm skeptical if this isn't just a characteristic of the car. I suppose we could test drive a few more to check.

Comment

hi, I have a march 2014 d-sport & I get wind noise (lol) around the drivers small window & just above & am allways running my fingers round the door rubber to see if I can find exactly where its coming from but cannot pinpoint an exact area! I will have to mention it when it goes in for its service in March if I don't call in earlier! Charlie

Comment

I think the large wing mirrors play a part in the noise, I have the window deflectors and they really help if you want the windows down as they cut down on the baffle noise you get otherwise
                            sigpic

Comment

I have the same issue. Anything above 30mph and I get excessive wind noise. If I press against the window it stops, i also stops if I hold the sill between the front portion and the main window. I've got a 10 plate

Comment

Working...
                              X