X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pick up my new ish ds3 tomrrow

Hello all
    I'm hoping this car is going to be good for our family
    Just one quick question was it worth paying for the full and complete warranty for 3 years at a cost of £1125
    Thank you for your replies

Originally posted by Ds3Crazy View Post
    Hello all
    I'm hoping this car is going to be good for our family
    Just one quick question was it worth paying for the full and complete warranty for 3 years at a cost of £1125
    Thank you for your replies
    It's a very broad question given we don't know anything about said warranty.

Does depend on what the warranty covers and whether or not the car suffers any failures in that time. It may be entirely reliable at which point the warranty was a waste, you may be very unlucky and have something catastrophic happen at which point it could pay for itself.

Until you get to the end of the 3 years you won't know.
    Crystal White pearl Mazda 3 Takuya 1.6
    Whisper Purple/White DS3 Dstyle plus 1.6 e-Hdi

Comment

That makes sense,
      The warranty covers my 2011 with 25000 miles full service history for anything except wear and tear
      Would have it now but checking car over befor me signing found they had over filled the oil so needs sorting now picking up at 10am tomorrow

Comment

Welcome to the club nice Christmas present to yourself! what model did you go for?

Post some pics when you get it
        Current: DS 3 Performance, Perla Nera Black with Sparkly Purple roof
        Previous: DS3 DStyle 120 VTi, Perla Nera Black with Fuchsia roof

Comment

Welcome!
          LA PETITE FUSEE / THE LITTLE ROCKET

sigpic

Comment

Merry Christmas to you! Santa was very generous.
            "I'm a writer. I give the truth scope."
            https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100010501688560

Comment

Not for me
              Christmas present for the wife got the auto Dstyle in white and black with the diamond cut alloys
              Thank you for the warm welcome
              Post pics tomorrow
              Not sure other than that it's got 120bhp
              Last edited by Ds3Crazy; 23-12-2015, 23:09.

Comment

Is the warranty worth it? Absolutely! Mine paid for itself on my first DS3.
                May 2011 - October 2015: White body/black roof/white Bellone THP150
                October 2015 - Present: Black body/emerald green roof/black Aphrodite THP165
                Instagram @adamds3

Comment

I'm guessing this is an independent warranty and not the Citroen one that comes with new cars ? I can only comment on the latter and I've used it several times for new wheels (replaced due to corrosion) and one or two small glitches, for me it may have been worth the expense (seems quite expensive yours). Mine is now 2.5 years old, I guess as it gets older there will be more things that a warranty might cover - your difficulty will always be proving it's not wear and tear....

Do you know the service history of the car and what work has already been undertaken ?
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X