Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Signal/remote wire for amp and sub ?!

Hi all,
    First of all let me just say that I know this should go in the entertainment section but more people probably read the general and I need an answer pretty quick as I am borrowing a neighbors driveway whilst the car is half disassembled :'( . Now to the problem I am in the middle of installing a custom slot ported sub box into the spare wheel well. I have got the power cable and RCA's routed to the rear, but now I am stuck at the signal/remote wire. I am following this guide - http://www.ds3club.co.uk/showthread....hout-Connects2

But the thick blue wire is constant 12v. So if I use this, it means my amp will be constantly turned on! Also the same blue wire at the the back of the head unit is a constant 0v with ignition on and off! I have belled out the blue wire front to back of the car to make sure I am looking at the same wire and it IS the same! I have tried every other wire in the plug for the factory sub, but no luck! Any ideas of what I can use to for the remote wire then? I have a DSport 2011 hdi if that helps.

Thanks

-Harry
    Last edited by HANENG18; 31-12-2015, 01:52.
    DSport 1.6 HDI 110

Signal/remote wire for amp and sub ?!

Originally posted by HANENG18 View Post
    Hi all,
    First of all let me just say that I know this should go in the entertainment section but more people probably read the general and I need an answer pretty quick as I am borrowing a neighbors driveway whilst the car is half disassembled :'( . Now to the problem I am in the middle of installing a custom slot ported sub box into the spare wheel well. I have got the power cable and RCA's routed to the rear, but now I am stuck at the signal/remote wire. I am following this guide - http://www.ds3club.co.uk/showthread....hout-Connects2

But the thick blue wire is constant 12v. So if I use this, it means my amp will be constantly turned on! Also the same blue wire at the the back of the head unit is a constant 0v with ignition on and off! I have belled out the blue wire front to back of the car to make sure I am looking at the same wire and it IS the same! I have tried every other wire in the plug for the factory sub, but no luck! Any ideas of what I can use to for the remote wire then? I have a DSport 2011 hdi if that helps.

Thanks

-Harry
    On the main plug on back of radio the is a blue solid wire that's the remote feed that you can use to power a sub and it's only active for about 10 mins after you turn the ignition off not all the time
    Last edited by MARK.A; 13-01-2016, 19:27.
    http://i971.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps710a29cb.jpg
    2011 car 2014 LOOKS ;; RETRO FITTED XENON FULL LED SIGNATURE AND DIM LIT DRL'S AT NIGHT OEM +. instagram #Markaucott

build thread My Transformer edition!
    DS3 transformer edition taking on its most radical transformation into a BMW 320 i

Comment

Thanks for they reply but fixed this the other day! The blue wire didn't even have a contact in the back of the HU, I used the next pin to the side, I think it was pin 11, this is instantaneous 12v on and off with the ignition, or even without the ignition and just turning the radio on. Thanks anyway!
      DSport 1.6 HDI 110

Comment

Working...
      X