Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passenger Window - One touch?

Hi All,

Fairly new on here, but I picked up a 62 plate Dstyle on Saturday, so i am just getting grips with it all. ( love it so far BTW!)

Although the drivers window is one touch, the passengers window isn't? Does this need re-setting or is that how they come? Can anyone put me right on this by any chance?

Many thanks

Richard

Hello!

Only the drivers side is. The passenger side you have to hold the button - and its much slower -_-
    My DS3R3... nearly....
    New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Great, thanks for the info - at least i know now.

Comment

I never understood the reason for this. It can't, surely, be a cost cutting exercise as the difference must be minimal? My 2007 C4 had one-touch closing for both sides (incidentally, it also had remote closing of both sides using the key fob which I really miss).

I suppose we should count ourselves lucky that they bothered to put the one touch closing on the right hand side when they moved the steering wheel to the correct side of the car!!
        Shark grey / white Vti 120 DStyle ordered 2 March 2013, built 23 March 2013, collected 20 April 2013

Comment

I had remote window opening/closing on both my previous cars and really liked being able to put the windows down as I walked across the car park in the summer, it just took a bit of the heat blast off the car before I sat in it....
          sigpic

Comment

The strange thing is, a normal C3 has one touch on both front windows.

Comment

It's to try and entice you to buy one FLP
              sigpic

Comment

Does the C3 use the same switch as the DS3? (Or is the 'one-touch-ness' sited somewhere other than the switch?!!)
                Shark grey / white Vti 120 DStyle ordered 2 March 2013, built 23 March 2013, collected 20 April 2013

Comment

Originally posted by lfcrule1972 View Post
                  It's to try and entice you to buy one FLP
                  Nah, it's not going to work. Unless they make it a 3-door, put firmer suspension on it, make it look better, and put in a more powerful engine.. Wait...
                  Last edited by FLP; 04-01-2016, 15:40.

Comment

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
                    Does the C3 use the same switch as the DS3? (Or is the 'one-touch-ness' sited somewhere other than the switch?!!)
                    I don't know - where's Biggus Baconus when we need him ?
                    sigpic

Comment

Not having one touch on the passenger side when I was driving in France was a pain the xxxxxx, as I was the only one in the car, toll booths were a bitch to put it mildly.

Comment

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
                        For safety reasons one-touch operation requires an anti-trapping sensor in the window mechanism - the passenger side door doesn't have that.

In theory if you got an LHD window mechanism or the relevant parts of one you could change the passenger door to one-touch, but you'd most likely need additional wiring, not catered for in the harness, & then the ECU would have to be reprogrammed - probably not possible as a normal option, so you'd have to find somebody who could hack it.

Comment

Working...
                        X