Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• seat heating need some steriods

Hi there,

Question: Are there any owners who tweaked or changed the seat-heat? Our previous car was a V70 with perfect seat heating, the ones in the DS3 are a little lame, so to speak. Anyone who did some action on that?

Thanks, regards GERT
    the Netherlands.

Welecome to the club

I don't think of any of the UK Spec DS3's have seat heating so you'll need a response from a fellow EU DS3 owner
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Curtiss View Post
      Question: Are there any owners who tweaked or changed the seat-heat? Our previous car was a V70 with perfect seat heating, the ones in the DS3 are a little lame, so to speak. Anyone who did some action on that?
      Welcome to the club

At least you get seat heating! UK owners don't have it as an option
      - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
      - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Hmmm, you poor b... ;-) Didn ' t know that, thanks for the info.
        Cheers
        GERT

Comment

Not factory fitted but I've added surprisingly effective seat heating with a set of driver and passenger 12v seat covers. From memory they were about £20 off Amazon and well worth the money. Work better than some proper heated seats I've used in the past. Will try and find the link to the specific set when I get chance.
          DStyle Nav BlueHDI 100 - Nera Black All Over

Comment

A good tin of refried beans is all you need for heated seats....
            ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
            Bigfeet's File Repository
            The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

I just don't get the attraction of a hot back/sack/crack whilst driving
              sigpic

Comment

Seat heaters and cruise control are the 2 things I simply will not do without. If Citroen didn't offer them where I live I would not have purchased the car period
                Originally posted by cyclone
                It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
                Originally posted by Broda
                I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Folk love roasted nuts in the winter!
                  LA PETITE FUSEE / THE LITTLE ROCKET

sigpic

Comment

I'm with you on the cruise control cyclone
                    sigpic

Comment

I don't get to use the cruise control much, because my DS3 doesn't see the open road very often. I wouldn't like to be without the speed limiter though. I keep it set on 31mph (approx 30mph true - as calibrated with my Garmin satnav) and switch it on and off as required.
                      Shark grey / white Vti 120 DStyle ordered 2 March 2013, built 23 March 2013, collected 20 April 2013

Comment

I use the speed limiter a fair bit too, especially in average speed camera areas on the motorways
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lfcrule1972 View Post
                          I use the speed limiter a fair bit too, especially in average speed camera areas on the motorways
                          ugh.. they are starting to install those over here now too.
                          Originally posted by cyclone
                          It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
                          Originally posted by Broda
                          I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

I'm a big fan of the speed limiter and it came in useful in France recently where I'm told there isn't the same 10% + 2 leniency as here.

These are the heated seats from Amazon - cheep and cheerful but look pretty good, go well with the interior and do the job very well:
                            http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...ilpage_o08_s00
                            DStyle Nav BlueHDI 100 - Nera Black All Over

Comment

Originally posted by cyclone View Post
                              ugh.. they are starting to install those over here now too.
                              We have several different types here cyclone The speed limiter is v useful for the extended (sometimes as much as 10 mile sections) of average speed monitoring. I also use it on the variable speed limited sections as well as it's v easy to adjust it up or down by 10mph for each section....
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X