Citroen Dsboat.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Citroen Dsboat.

Oh came in last night saying she'd hit a puddle and the car had cut out flashing various warning lights, but she got it restarted and got home. Thought she may have been a little dramatic but was reading the local paper today and came across this picture of where it happened..
    Click image for larger version

Name:	JS79709338.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	98.4 KB
ID:	367909

Hit this in the pitch dark with no warning in a national limit..very surprised the front isn't hanging off and that the engine didn't draw water in..perhaps it skimmed over the top!
    Crystal White pearl Mazda 3 Takuya 1.6
    Whisper Purple/White DS3 Dstyle plus 1.6 e-Hdi

A lucky escape looking at the 4WD going through the flood water glad she got home safely.

Comment

The dead corsa possibly tells a story as well!

Comment

The corsa never skimmed over the top must took the submarine route.

Comment

Think her travelling entirely too fast all the time may have saved the car, if she'd seen it, slowed down and tried to ford it would have more than likely destroyed the engine.

Comment

Good job the car stayed straight could of ended up in the field.

Comment

Originally posted by paul r View Post
              Good job the car stayed straight could of ended up in the field.
              Yup very lucky girl, one of those ones that could have been a lot worse if any one of several things had been different. Can't believe the car is undamaged, when she described it to me I was expecting to find the front of the car in bits, seems OK though not seen it in daylight yet.
              Last edited by StevenRB45; 06-01-2016, 20:44.

Comment

Hopefully it should be OK I think the bumper would have been left in the flood water.

Comment

The ds3 is a submarine!!! I posted a photo a while back when the floods where happening in cumbria. We managed to get through a puddle that flooded an evoque and a bmw.
                  I make cars go quicker then take photos of them.
                  Genuine Alientech Kess V2 & K-Tag

Comment

I agree, a few years back I was forced to take some windy country roads due to flooding on the main A roads, I came across a large puddle at the bottom of a dip and having watched a Land Rover go through it I estimated the water to be about a foot or so deep.

I decided to drive carefully down the middle of the road at approx 20mph and this seemed to work as there was a lovely bow water effect as I drove through. I got out and checked the car afterwards and there was no damage although the front end was v wet !
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X