Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying a new ds3

Hi all!

First of all I'd like to apologise in advance for my clumsy english since I'm not native.. :/
    So, since November I'm searching for what's going to be my first brand new car to buy (recently became independent). My current daily driver is my mom's old 98 Honda cr-v, which if fuel was alcohol it would make me consider it an incurable alcoholic! (don't get me wrong, I love that car <3 ) And I got to give it back to them since I do not own it.. Gotta say that the ds3 was the first one I looked at, I liked it very much since it first came out and think that since then it's design has been keeping up to date heard wonders of the car in some websites, others not so much but who better to ask than those who actually own one

I was looking into the 1.6 THP engine, looks veeeeery fun to drive and develops the best performance of all.. Also thought of the 1.2 Puretech 110 which has better economy and allegedly delivers quite a fun ride. Going for petrol because I do not do that many miles every day and I've enjoyed driving petrols much more than diesels (like everyone else I guess).
    I've never driven one, nor I've driven any of the others I'm considering (208, polo and cee'd -> the engines in these 3 do not feel as appealing to me as this one does).

Now, should I wait for the alledgely new model coming out this year?
    Is it worth the money? (where I live the top spec ds3 fits my budget... barely... 25K €)
    Is the ride confy? Is it enjoyable? Does it feel good in the cabin? The biggest part of my daily driving is highway, is it very noisy?

Thank you!

I'm a diesel DS3 owner so I'll let one of the many THP owners comment - if you do get one don't forget to post pics

Good luck with the purchase.
    sigpic

Comment

I've got a 2013 THP and I'll be honest, I bought it for 0-60 and the fun element. I love the way it handles at high speed round bends, the fuel consumption is fine at over 40mpg (depending which crazy head I've got on) and I get a lot of compliments on it. I remember being disappointed about certain aspects of the spec when I bought it but I've got used to having nowhere for my sunglasses! On the downside, the ride (being sports suspension) is firm, not good over speed bumps at any speed and I think it's a bit noisy, but then again it is a small car. On the whole, I love it and intend to keep it until it draws its last breath. If you want fun - get one. If you want quiet and comfort, get a Volvo (tee hee).

Oh, and, on a 100mi motorway journey (in 50mph roadworks most of the way), I got 60 mpg.
      Last edited by Jo67; 11-01-2016, 14:23.
      "I'm a writer. I give the truth scope."
      https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100010501688560

Comment

Originally posted by lfcrule1972 View Post
        I'm a diesel DS3 owner so I'll let one of the many THP owners comment - if you do get one don't forget to post pics

Good luck with the purchase.
        I'll make sure to remember that thank you! ^^

Comment

Originally posted by Jo67 View Post
          I've got a 2013 THP and I'll be honest, I bought it for 0-60 and the fun element. I love the way it handles at high speed round bends, the fuel consumption is fine at over 40mpg (depending which crazy head I've got on) and I get a lot of compliments on it. I remember being disappointed about certain aspects of the spec when I bought it but I've got used to having nowhere for my sunglasses! On the downside, the ride (being sports suspension) is firm, not good over speed bumps at any speed and I think it's a bit noisy, but then again it is a small car. On the whole, I love it and intend to keep it until it draws its last breath. If you want fun - get one. If you want quiet and comfort, get a Volvo (tee hee).
          That's the thing, I'm not expecting tons of comfort and dead silence inside the cabin, just a confy enough car for me to be happy driving it even when I'm not in the mood.. you get me? But I'm confident that the sportiness will take me over I'm not too worried about that to be honest, was just curious about it. Anyway, quick update, I'll do a test drive tomorrow of a THP! will update as soon as I can Thank you for the reply! I've got a huge crush on this car, lets just see if it actually wins me over

Comment

Originally posted by fsfred View Post
            That's the thing, I'm not expecting tons of comfort and dead silence inside the cabin, just a confy enough car for me to be happy driving it even when I'm not in the mood.. you get me? But I'm confident that the sportiness will take me over I'm not too worried about that to be honest, was just curious about it. Anyway, quick update, I'll do a test drive tomorrow of a THP! will update as soon as I can Thank you for the reply! I've got a huge crush on this car, lets just see if it actually wins me over
            I'm sure it will, I'm on my second THP and I agree with everything Jo said about the handling and fun side of the car. I do a lot of motorway miles and I've never needed to stop or take a break because I'm uncomfortable, regularly driving 150 miles in one go.
            - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
            - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

150 miles ?? Pah.... A minimum of 250 or you're a lightweight
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lfcrule1972 View Post
                150 miles ?? Pah.... A minimum of 250 or you're a lightweight
                I wouldn't stop if I was driving 250 miles but I don't drive that far regularly.
                - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
                - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Agree with all said above, I have found mine to be surprisingly comfortable and bags of fun to drive especially after a small map
                  DS3 1.6THP DSport with a few bits added.....nickname BB :bow:
                  Performance...Depends on how heavy my right foot is

Comment

To be honest, I did a 100 mile round trip, mostly motorway, and I felt ok at the end of it. Did a 200 mile round trip (quite a stressful drive anyway) and I felt wrecked at the end of it. However, I'm not really much of a long distance driver anyway.

Comment

To be honest, I did a 100 mile round trip, mostly motorway, and I felt ok at the end of it. Did a 200 mile round trip (quite a stressful drive anyway) and I felt wrecked at the end of it. However, I'm not really much of a long distance driver anyway.

Comment

Over 1000 miles through six country's in seven days, fresh as a daisy.

Comment

I do not believe you have ever been as fresh as a daisy a day in your life you crusty old war horse.
                          Originally posted by cyclone
                          It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
                          Originally posted by Broda
                          I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Originally posted by cyclone View Post
                            I do not believe you have ever been as fresh as a daisy a day in your life you crusty old war horse.
                            Crusty, certainly never.
                            Old, age is just two digits.
                            Horse, well I spose I do have one thing in common.

Comment

Originally posted by Superfly Guy View Post
                              Horse, well I spose I do have one thing in common.
                              Smelly?
                              sigpic
                              Jog on Noddy

Comment

Working...
                              X