Wingmirror question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wingmirror question

hello to all, my wingmirror took a knock and as a result I had to replace the glass, no problem.

However now when using the electronic adjustment to glass wont tilt as high as it used to.

Any suggestions welcome

Just manually adjust the mirror up then the electronic adjustment will be good
    DS3 1.6THP DSport with a few bits added.....nickname BB :bow:
    Performance...Depends on how heavy my right foot is

Comment

I had a similar issue with my wife's Corsa a few years back, as Gaz said I manually adjusted the mirror glass and there was a small click, the mirror then worked fine until we traded the car in last summer.
      sigpic

Comment

i did try that and it made a little difference but its still not like it was.........it seems to still has its up/down range but is facing further down than it used to

Comment

It sounds like the motor position needs to be reset, which is what I think I achieved with luck on the Corsa....
          sigpic

Comment

and you think thats just with some manual manipulation...?

Comment

Honestly, I don't know, it worked on the Corsa but that was an older car and I was prepared to replace the whole mirror unit if needed. Did you fit a Citroen replacement glass or is it one from Halfords or similar ?

Does the mirror feel properly attached ?
              sigpic

Comment

yeah the mirror does feel attached, it was an aftermarket one, but saying that the mirror was pointing low prior to replacement.......so maybe the whole wingmirror has been moved.

there doesnt seem to be any play in it, doesnt wobble, folds in and out ok...

Comment

Can you remove the glass and look at the mechanism without it fitted ? You might be able to see that up or down moves more in one direction - that might help decide if you can adjust it by hand.
                  sigpic

Comment

that was my thinking, is there a safe way to remove it, when i took the broken one off i didnit give much thought and gently levered it out but dont want to damage the new one

Comment

I think I have seen a guide here somewhere, not had to do it myself though - try the search button and see if you can find the thread

Good luck
                      sigpic

Comment

well guess who's jolly proud of himself.

wingmirror glass removed safely, cover, removed, 2 more pieces removed..

turns out part of the lower casing for want of a better work cracked so just needed re-seating with a little superglue for good measure.

re-assembled - BINGO !

thank to all for the advice

Comment

Well done - great result
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X