Spark Plug Gap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spark Plug Gap

What is the factory spark plug gap? What should I set mine too?

The spark plug gap is already preset, no need to set or adjust them, with a few exceptions, any noticeable difference between the new spark plugs, or you have significantly increased turbo boost pressure.
    Performance Powered By Thought
    Engineered Horsepower

Comment

New Plugs, and Alot more boost! What's the factory gap and what do you reccomend?
      Last edited by RoyalGuard; 15-01-2016, 08:27.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalGuard View Post
        New Plugs, and Alot more boost! What's the factory gap and what do you reccomend?
        Off the top of my head, I'm almost certain the preset factory gap is 0.9mm unless you are running in excess of 1.3bar (18.5lbs) turbo boost pressure, then my recommendation is to leave well alone, simply continue using the factory spark plugs preset to the factory gap of 0.9mm
        Performance Powered By Thought
        Engineered Horsepower

Comment

I run NGK iridium 0.70mm but am at 1.30-1.35 bar boost, never missed a beat.
          White on red THP
          Miltek exhaust with HKS highflow cat, Forge intercooler, hard pipe kit, induction kit, oil catch tank, , VAG BOV, Stage 3 SPT remap 217 BHP

Comment

Cheers Guys
            Last edited by RoyalGuard; 15-01-2016, 13:50.

Comment

I'm also running Jamie's remap, with NGK Iridiums, ILZKBR7B8DG, Jamie recommended them to me when I got my remap done last year, I did it straight away without hassle got them straight of the website, here's the link

http://www.sparkplugs.co.uk/ngk-spark-plug-ilzkbr7b8dg

Atleast I think that's right?!

Can anyone confirm please lol
              - Challenge Accepted -

Comment

IS THIS RIGHT?

http://www.ngk.com/product.aspx?zpid=39947

Comment

Working...
                X