Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rust on door

Hi
    Picked up a 63 plate DS3 from Evans Halshaw Mansfield got the car home to find that it had not been valeted as promised,old bags of sweets in the seat pocket and sticky sweets in the door pocket.The biggest problem is a rust blister on the drivers door as I have had the car on a PCP I don't want the car at the end of period to have a rust patch and for me to get hammered on the GFV
    So I took it back to them to complain where they agreed to do a repair the car has been done and and my partner picked it up tonight and to my horror the repair is awful so now I am not sure what to do
    Do I have reason to complain again as I am not happy with the repair or should I just accept it
    Any ideas I would be grateful
    thanks Simon

Welcome

Sorry its under not such nice circumstances!

NEVER just accept it!! If you returned a meal at a restaurant that wasn't hot, and it came back even colder and half was missing you wouldn't just sit down and try and enjoy it? - so you shouldn't with something that you have invested a hell of a lot more in!

Can you upload some pictures? Tapatalk is a great forum app you can download for free and uploading photo's from your phone is really easy We love to scrutinize things.

If they agreed to repair it they have already admitted there was fault, I'm sure they wouldn't agree to fix something that wasn't right in the first place?

Do you know anyone that would know a trusted garage/repair place? Maybe get them to take a look at what has been done and get a professional opinion.

In short I wouldn't accept it, and you shouldn't have to.
    My DS3R3... nearly....
    New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Take it back if your not happy

Comment

Its on a white car so not sure a picture would show it
        The rust bubble was about 15mm across so they have rubbed it back to bare metal then painted it so now there is a patch about 60mm in diameter
        which you can feel all the way round not sure yet how visible it is until I get daylight will then try and take picture

Comment

Definitely get it photographed and documented, and get them to sign something showing the bad fix. Then when handing back you have some ammo. Better probably find somewhere that can fix it properly and get them to foot the bill.

Comment

Garfield I had the same issue, see my post (gutted ) in the dings and dents section.

Originally posted by garfield View Post
            Hi
            Picked up a 63 plate DS3 from Evans Halshaw Mansfield got the car home to find that it had not been valeted as promised,old bags of sweets in the seat pocket and sticky sweets in the door pocket.The biggest problem is a rust blister on the drivers door as I have had the car on a PCP I don't want the car at the end of period to have a rust patch and for me to get hammered on the GFV
            So I took it back to them to complain where they agreed to do a repair the car has been done and and my partner picked it up tonight and to my horror the repair is awful so now I am not sure what to do
            Do I have reason to complain again as I am not happy with the repair or should I just accept it
            Any ideas I would be grateful
            thanks Simon

Comment

Definitely take it back, I'd agree that if you have a quote from a bodyshop the might accept it and pay for the work to be done there. Judging by your description I suspect this will cost you at the end of the PCP if left as it is.....
              sigpic

Comment

Is rust a major problem on the DS3 as I now feel a bit worried,we got rid of a pug 307 on a 56plate and that had no rust at all

Comment

Originally posted by garfield View Post
                  Is rust a major problem on the DS3 as I now feel a bit worried,we got rid of a pug 307 on a 56plate and that had no rust at all
                  Just google citroen paint blister or paint problems, frightening.

Comment

I had flaking paint under passenger side door mirror
                    Citroen have a 3yr paintwork warranty I think as I got mine done for free

Comment

To be fair there haven't been many reports amongst the owners on this forum L22. There's been a few but there are over 7000 members now
                      sigpic

Comment

Its not just confined to the ds3, if you google it , it covers c1, ds3 ds4, piccasso, etc

Originally posted by lfcrule1972 View Post
                        To be fair there haven't been many reports amongst the owners on this forum L22. There's been a few but there are over 7000 members now

Comment

Tbf ours has had a bleb in the paint since 2 months old..it's never got bigger or smaller...and as its a lease I CBA to take it in.
                          Crystal White pearl Mazda 3 Takuya 1.6
                          Whisper Purple/White DS3 Dstyle plus 1.6 e-Hdi

Comment

Well the saga go's on,as the weather was ok yesterday I got outside to give the car a good wash and polish and to my horror I found more damage on the car
                            The nearside rear quarter panel has had a really bad repair done on it where the two panel lines come round by the fuel cap there is a third line which should not be there.
                            The passenger door has a dent and crease on the edge where its been opened onto something and there is still the awful repair on the passengers door.
                            So after a phone call to the dealer and arranging a visit for inspection because its Saturday and nobody is in to make a decision I thought sod it and made a visit to them whilst the car is clean and its nice and light
                            Had the sales manager come out and showed him the damage tried fobbing me off saying its a second hand car and did I not see the damage before I brought it
                            So I told him no I didn't see it if I had I would not have gone for it so I then told him I was not happy and could it be sorted out anyway after going round in circles for about 10 mins he said leave it with him till he could speak to the DP meanwhile my partner was in tears as the car is hers
                            So we left the dealer and went home feeling as if the problem hadn't been resolved but about 20 mins being home we had a phone call to say that they have agreed to do all the work.So what happened from there being no one there to decide the action taken to there suddenly being someone there to make the decision (liars me thinks)
                            Anyway I will let you all know what happens fingers crossed

Comment

It's a shit situation to be in and I'd be as angry as you but you need to go over a second hand car with a fine tooth comb before you sign.
                              May 2011 - October 2015: White body/black roof/white Bellone THP150
                              October 2015 - Present: Black body/emerald green roof/black Aphrodite THP165
                              Instagram @adamds3

Comment

Working...
                              X