17" Bridgestone Tyres for DS3 = £££££

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 17" Bridgestone Tyres for DS3 = £££££

Was unfortunate to get a screw embedded in the tyre on our DS3 the other day with resultant puncture.

Trip to our local ATS and sure enough the tyre was wrecked.

They had to order us a new tyre as it couldn't be repaired and they were told £198 each.

Had a new one fitted anyway and took our 25% discount from ATS (thank you very much).

Apparently, it is a new tyre (although it doesn't look special to me), but the price will come down quickly.

Cheers

Ian

Nooooo! I thought the M3 gyres were pricey on my old MGZT a few years ago but that's just bloody ridiculous! And here I was congratulating myself for getting a car with wheels that are "only" 17"

How long before they come down in price do you think?

Comment

Not sure I'll go with Bridgestone when I come to replace mine (which won't be long now on the fronts!). I get too much road roar for my liking from the Bridgestones, although they certainly seem to be grippy.

Might try Eagle F1s again (and hope it doesn't snow this winter...)

I'd be interested to hear suggestions of other suitable tyre replacements for the THP.

Comment

Luckily mine are paid for by work but I did a search and Kwik Fit have them showing at £114 if you buy 2 or more

My 2 fronts only lasted 13k miles but that could be cos I drive it like I stole it or it could be cos they are fairly soft. Not sure about them being new though as I read somewhere Potenza's were fitted to Ferrari Enzo and I did note the name on the sidewalls of tyres at F1 last weekend

Comment

Try looking at Blackcircles.com for a range of tyres at discount prices. Currently they have the Bridgestone 205/45 R17V tyres fitted price £135.47. (they also have a Budget tyre listed @ £68.56).
          I have used these people now for around 6-7 yrs for a variety of cars and have always had good service from them.

Comment

That's one expensive tyre, when had cooper s I use to pay £115 for runflats and thought that expensive. Looks like have to raid my piggy bank when new tyres required

Comment

I had one replaced at ShitFit for £100 after a spike went through my tyre and wheel (see previous post).

Comment

Had the same happen to me last week gpt a new one for £120, its nthe price of the repair fluid was going to cost £35, went to halfords got a tin of tyre weld for £8:95

Comment

Dammit. I thought my days of paying £120+ for tyres were over when I got the DS3 and made the people carrier a second car.

Comment

Sounds like I was lucky with my puncture last Tuesday. Fortunately I was opposite a Chiltern Tyres when I pulled over, so didn't need to use the gunk. Nail in tyre but luckily they could repaired it for £20.

Comment

Working...
                    X