help and newbie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help and newbie

Hi, Jason here I'm new and Looking for some advice please, the misses is after a ds3 so my job is to get the best I can and so on.

Been trying to get my head around all the models and so on but struggling I'm not overly clued up on these ask me about minis or vws and I am but not the ds3 etc :lol:

Currently looking at-

Dstyle plus
    Dsport
    Dsport plus

Both models are airdream's sorry for the daft question but what is the airdream is it the newer 115bhp engine apposed from the 110bhp.

The diesel will be the one we want to get better mpg cheaper insurance and no road tax...
    How are they performance wise, anything to look out for etc?

Can anyone give me some help please.
    Last edited by jason11; 11-03-2016, 23:05.

I have the 90 bhp HDI air dream.
    Dstyle plus .performance wise it's very quick and economical.
    I would have had the dsport but cost was an issue when I got mine.
    Test drive them all if you can that should help you decide.

Comment

Depending on your budget you could find a 1 year old ex demo like mine which had 7k on the clock and no road tax! It`s the DSport Airdream 1.6 eHDI 115, with leather seats and 6speed box, I love it! I looked in auto trader and part ex`d my C4 with 90k at Freeborn Southampton.

Performance wise I get economy and power,but I have made a few mods since May2015,I have had no issues with the car at all,which is due a service in April.
      Last edited by JEZDS3; 12-03-2016, 06:02.
      LA PETITE FUSEE / THE LITTLE ROCKET

sigpic

Comment

Can anyone help me with the model differences or link me with what the difference is?

Budget wise around 9k give or take so hopefully get a something around a 13 plate with sun 15k.

So is what I said about the airdream correct is that the new 115 bhp engine?

Comment

Yes it is correct ,on mine which was a 63 plate 115bhp airdream advertised at 12k,the Dsport has higher spec than say Dstyle models but don`t discount each model if the budget is right! A google search of these model names say listing specifications and year can give you an idea of the differences of these cars.I`m sure someone will explain what they actually are on this thread in due course.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JEZDS3 View Post
            Yes it is correct ,on mine which was a 63 plate 115bhp airdream advertised at 12k,the Dsport has higher spec than say Dstyle models but don`t discount each model if the budget is right! A google search of these model names say listing specifications and year can give you an idea of the differences of these cars.I`m sure someone will explain what they actually are on this thread in due course.
            I did try doing that but it didn't really explain the main differences.
            Out of interest and I hope you don't mind me asking but when did you get yours and what did you pay so I can compare what I find?

Comment

Welcome to the club.

Off the top of my head the plus pack includes hifi pack, leather seats, arm rest, parking sensors, auto wipers & lights, auto folding mirrors. The 115 is newer than the 110, slightly more power, slightly more economical I believe.

My advice would be to get the best DSport Plus within your budget, they're very well specced so you'll get a great little car. A lot of people on here I've read go for DStyle but then after some research (mostly hanging around on here) almost always wish they'd gone for a DSport straight away.

Just found this, should clarify a few things: http://info.citroen.co.uk/assets/pdf...s/brochure.pdf
              - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
              - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Originally posted by BeefMasta View Post
                Welcome to the club.

Off the top of my head the plus pack includes hifi pack, leather seats, arm rest, parking sensors, auto wipers & lights, auto folding mirrors. The 115 is newer than the 110, slightly more power, slightly more economical I believe.

My advice would be to get the best DSport Plus within your budget, they're very well specced so you'll get a great little car. A lot of people on here I've read go for DStyle but then after some research (mostly hanging around on here) almost always wish they'd gone for a DSport straight away.

Just found this, should clarify a few things: http://info.citroen.co.uk/assets/pdf...s/brochure.pdf
                Thank you. I did find that but that was with the 110bhp model is it just the engine uograde then when they went to the 115bhp?

Yeah we'd like to get the best spec one possible for sure just a case of finding one

Comment

Originally posted by jason11 View Post
                  I did try doing that but it didn't really explain the main differences.
                  Out of interest and I hope you don't mind me asking but when did you get yours and what did you pay so I can compare what I find?
                  Feb 2015,12k,part ex 2k. You`re Welcome! Check out the Modifications section for a list of add ons if you are interested in that sort of thing!
                  Last edited by JEZDS3; 12-03-2016, 06:58.

sigpic

Comment

Feb 2015,12k,part ex 2k. You`re Welcome! Check out the Modifications section for a list of add ons if you are interested in that sort of thing!
                    Thank you. So my budget is about right then.
                    We've seen one one a 13 plate a DSport with 11k up for £8995.

I do like a few mods for sure nothing like making something better but my car will be getting more treats haha

Comment

The more cars you compare with Year/Mileage/Spec,the greater idea you will have of the level of budget you are looking for,main dealer cars may be a little more expensive,but these all come with warranties and hopefully support if you do have issues.

My car only required a new leather gear knob as it was worn and a wheel nut cover which was missing,all replaced before collecting F.O.C. and without question.

Also within two months my roof was resprayed under warranty,this was dealt with swiftly and efficiently. So for me main dealer back up was the way to go!

sigpic

Comment

The more cars you compare with Year/Mileage/Spec,the greater idea you will have of the level of budget you are looking for,main dealer cars may be a little more expensive,but these all come with warranties and hopefully support if you do have issues.

My car only required a new leather gear knob as it was worn and a wheel nut cover which was missing,all replaced before collecting F.O.C. and without question.

Also within two months my roof was resprayed under warranty,this was dealt with swiftly and efficiently. So for me main dealer back up was the way to go!
                        Yeah I will do.
                        I'd be looking at buying from a dealer too
                        How come the roof needed repainting?

Comment

If you go for a DSport rather than a DSport Plus check what extras it has. The Plus will come with the extras like Leather seats, chrome electric folding wing mirrors and arm rest, hi-fi pack, parking sensors, auto wipers and lights. The standard DSport without any extra packs won't include these things. The city (includes folding mirrors but not in chrome) and hi-fi packs add these things to the standard DSport.

Airdream refers to diesel models only and think it's just a name given to diesel models with stop/start functionality aka eco mode. When stopped, in neutral, cutch out, the engine with stop, upon press the cutch, coming out of neutral the engine will restart. Thus saving fuel when stuck in stationary traffic.

Check the rear exhaust bracket as this is prone to rust. Check the door panels especially around the mirrors as some people have reported paint bubbles here.
                          Last edited by pmk; 12-03-2016, 08:50.

Comment

Another thing to check are the alloys.
                            These corrode around the centre caps . I am currently tly sitting in citroen derby getting 3 wheels replaced due to this.
                            All under warranty.

Comment

Thanks guys.
                              What warranty is on rust and corrosion?

Comment

Working...
                              X