Paint bubbles due to bird poo!
    LA PETITE FUSEE / THE LITTLE ROCKET

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JEZDS3 View Post
      Paint bubbles due to bird poo!
      What had that bird been eating haha

Comment

Berries and fruit on a tree,very acidic and corrosive to paint! I was totally ensuring any bird poo was removed and washed off as soon as possible too!

sigpic

Comment

Any other input / advise

Comment

Originally posted by jason11 View Post
            Any other input / advise
            I always advise pulling a door that says push.

Comment

School boy stuff really.......When you look around /over a car take your time and preferably on a dry day,as if it is wet you won`t see any paint defects/blemishes!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TomTom View Post
                I always advise pulling a door that says push.
                Brilliant help and advise on the matter.
                Does anyone know what the time scale is on corrosion with the ds3 seeing as there seems to be a few paint issues etc

Comment

If you check the threads where people describe issues such as rust on door,your answer may be there or you could contact a dealer!

Also if a deal on a used DS3 looks too good to be true,i,e. a bit cheaper,there could be a reason......it`s a dog,avoid!

sigpic

Comment

Does anyone know what the time scale is on corrosion with the ds3 seeing as there seems to be a few paint issues etc
                    I assume your car will have doors?

Comment

It is a slightly how long is a piece of string question unfortunately. Ours must have rotted the moment it was exposed to air and water given it appeared the car was showing signs after 3 months from new.

I'd take a guess at the root cause being dodgy quality control in the paint process as there are immaculate 2010 cars out there as well as rotting nearly new ones. As a result there isn't really a timeline as inconsistent build quality is by it's very nature inconsistent. All I can say is buy with your eyes open and make sure you look along the panels of the car when it is clean so any raised areas or bubbles will be more obvious.
                      Crystal White pearl Mazda 3 Takuya 1.6
                      Whisper Purple/White DS3 Dstyle plus 1.6 e-Hdi

Comment

Originally posted by StevenRB45 View Post
                        It is a slightly how long is a piece of string question unfortunately. Ours must have rotted the moment it was exposed to air and water given it appeared the car was showing signs after 3 months from new.

I'd take a guess at the root cause being dodgy quality control in the paint process as there are immaculate 2010 cars out there as well as rotting nearly new ones. As a result there isn't really a timeline as inconsistent build quality is by it's very nature inconsistent. All I can say is buy with your eyes open and make sure you look along the panels of the car when it is clean so any raised areas or bubbles will be more obvious.
                        this .....

Comment

We've found a ultra prestige is this the highest spec available?

How do you find the 150 petrol, read some dreaded info on the dpf on the diesel with the misses just doing short trips this might not be the best route

Comment

Working...
                          X