Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insurance quotes

Hi guys,

I'm newish to this page so just working my way round this. Just done a phone quote with Adrian flux, 3k they quoted me on a ds3 hdi dsport. Can anyone help me with the best insurance to go with also cheaper ones ?

I'm 19 with a years no claims bonus and held my license for 1 year 4months.

many thanks,
    H.

Try ChrisKnott, they will usually undercut the cheapest offer on comparison sites.
    - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
    - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Is there any particular reason you went for Adrian Flux they do have a name for reasonable quotes on modded cars but unless you're planning on modding going forward you may be better served by a more conventional provider. Given your age and driving experience and the fact you're going for the fastest diesel DS3 they do it's going to hurt regardless of where you get cover. I would start at compare the market, go to confused go to all of them as they do do different rates. It may be you have to agree to telematic insurance to get a reasonable quote given the car depending on where you live. Another option would be (if you live with your parents or a partner with a decent driving record and they drive is arranging a multi-car policy to cover all the cars.) That worked out reasonable for me and the OH when she was starting out, mine want up by about 200 but hers dropped by a grand so overall it was a win. Another option could be try a quote on a 90 instead and see how it comes out.
      Last edited by StevenRB45; 14-03-2016, 18:59.
      Crystal White pearl Mazda 3 Takuya 1.6
      Whisper Purple/White DS3 Dstyle plus 1.6 e-Hdi

Comment

I checked on Adrianflux because I saw they did club discounts on this forum, cheapest I got was about 1600 on general accident on the go confused website. I'm looking at buying a ds3 end of April beginning of May.... So insurance probs be cheaper or more money as they're always changing!!

I want the dsport particularly for the six gears etc, had that car in my lessons and loved it and wanted one ever since.

Comment

There's absolutely nothing wrong with the five speed box the only place you notice the difference is with the fuel economy and engine/cabin noise around the 70mph mark.

It may be that you have to look at a lower spec car to achieve the premium you're after, I was 21 when I bought my DS3 coming from a year and a half of owning a 1l C1. Instead of going to a model with all the bells and whistles I went for the old 82 VTi 1.2l petrol engine. I know it's not ideal but it's meant that now three years down the line I'm able to get a good price on a Mercedes with all the extra bits I want.

If the comparison sites aren't doing too well for you make sure you check Aviva and Direct Line too as they're not on price comparison sites (Aviva turned out to be the cheapest for me).

Also if you can make sure you've got an experienced named driver on your policy as that can really drive down your premium.

Comment

1600 seems reasonable to me to be honest given your age and the car, 10 years ago (when I was 19) I was paying 850 quid on a 54bhp 800 quid punto on TPFT so twice as much for a car that is worth 10 times as much and can do 0-60 in less than 10 seconds rather than 16 seems alright. Even my other half who is in possession of lady parts and therefore qualified for cheap insurance at the time was paying 1200+ on an 80bhp 3k Micra when she was 19.

You may get cheaper but I can't imagine you'll do hugely better maybe a few hundred quid.
            Last edited by StevenRB45; 14-03-2016, 19:55.

Comment

If you check prices through comparison sites then go directly to the insurer you're bound to get it cheaper.

£3000 for insurance ouch! If I pay more than £200 I think I'm being ripped off :mad: but then I'm very old and my job means I get it discounted as well. There are some advantages to age, not many but some.
              [

Comment

Well it is about a grand if I stay with my current insurance (carrot)blackbox) so I'm looking at insurances without the blackbox hence the prices.. so 1600 or under I'm willing the pay

Comment

Originally posted by Killafoxx View Post
                  Well it is about a grand if I stay with my current insurance (carrot)blackbox) so I'm looking at insurances without the blackbox hence the prices.. so 1600 or under I'm willing the pay
                  It may be worth staying on telematics then if it's the cheapest option unless you have a burning desire to go fast. I know it's not exactly the dream to drive everywhere with the insurance breathing down your neck but if it gets you the car you want and you can put up with it until you've a bit more driving experience and NCB it sounds like its probably your best option.

Comment

True, but I'll continue looking at quotes up till I get my money together and hopefully when the insurance is at its cheap moments, I'll get it there and get the cheapest option, if not I'll go with the telematics

Comment

700 per year. Sometimes it's good to live in Germany
                      Citroën DS³ // THP 155 // Body Ruby Red // Roof Moondust
                      DS³R Speedometer // 19" OEM Cairns // KW V3 Coilovers

Comment

Damn it haha, sucks how insurance can get so stupidly expensive!! But that won't stop me getting the car I want!

Comment

DSport diesel or petrol?, diesel you get a cheaper quote for I would imagine. Plus zero road tax, at least my 110hdi 12 plate was/is.

Comment

Yeah I'm wanting a diesel, just much nicer to drive plus it's better in my opinion? just been saving for months on end and gotta wait till May :'(

Comment

Adding a parent or partner as a named driver can help lower your premium, makes you appear 'more responsible' according to the arbitrary rules they use. Worth checking on the comparison sites, takes 2 mins and can make a huge difference.
                              - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
                              - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Working...
                              X