Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with cigarette smell in my new DS3

Hi everyone,

Picked up my DS3 last Friday and I really love it, apart from the strong smell of cigarette smoke inside [emoji20][emoji40][emoji20][emoji40]

I mentioned it to the garage who were supposed to valet the car to get rid of the smell but they didn't do a very good job!

Does anyone have any tips to help me get rid of the smell? I have three air freshners in and I can still smell it [emoji33][emoji33]

Thanks
    Kati x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wash vac the roof lining as that's where most of the smell will be trapped and do the rest of the car as well. Use a cleaning solution designed to eliminate tobacco.

You can also buy odor bombs for the car which also help if you are looking for a quick solution.
    ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
    Bigfeet's File Repository
    The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

+1 for everything biggy said. Odour bomb and wash vac. The wash vacs can be hired from supermarkets and DIY stores nationwide so that's an easy job.
      @mike_lowsocial

Comment

This!! - Click me

Its really good and gets in all the gaps. It's also great to watch!

This is a great spray - Autofresh

As biggy mentioned, the softer absorbent places will be holding on to the smell, so you need to wash that out.

This product is great, and leaves a great smell behind. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Autobrite-D.../dp/B00OM1JJXM

Crack the windows at bit when the car is going along and get some fresh air moving about the air it out when you can.
        My DS3R3... nearly....
        New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

lots ideas here

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=get+rid+of+cigarette+smell+in+car
          Originally posted by cyclone
          It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
          Originally posted by Broda
          I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

You could just start smoking, you won't smell it at all [emoji23]
            White on red THP
            Miltek exhaust with HKS highflow cat, Forge intercooler, hard pipe kit, induction kit, oil catch tank, , VAG BOV, Stage 3 SPT remap 217 BHP

Comment

If you're not up for a big clean - my hubby used to smoke and when I cleaned his car out I'd spray all fabric , incl. the roof lining and carpets, with Febreze. Used to work a treat. He wasn't a chain smoker though so it wasn't really nasty in there but it completely got rid of the smell until he got in it again!
              "I'm a writer. I give the truth scope."
              https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100010501688560

Comment

Thanks everyone for the advice. Going to give the roof lining a good clean this weekend and see if that helps. I've had the windows open loads this week so hope the fresh air helps too.

Kati xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If it all won't help you can try an ozone treatment. This will kill every smell.

Comment

Also get a refill for the air freshener thing, crank up the blower and it will circulate mango or whatever around the car

Comment

Mmmm not in my experience, the air freshener is useless in the DS3 especially at the price ! Home refilling it is the best option but don't expect to notice the smell
                      sigpic

Comment

I personally use them exclusively high-quality elements : you will notice these folks during: cohiba siglo iii

Comment

Working...
                        X