Real world MPG figures revealed by Peugeot, Citroen and DS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Real world MPG figures revealed by Peugeot, Citroen and DS

The PSA Group - which includes the manufacturers Citroen, Peugeot and DS Automobiles - has released the next round of real-world fuel consumption results. A total of 30 models from the French group have now been tested with the 27 results announced today (Wednesday 7th July), joining the initial three from March earlier this year.

Results from a total of 14 Peugeot, 11 Citroen, and three DS models have been published in this round of testing, with a number of the most popular variants included.

In November 2015, as a result of consumer confidence dropping dramatically in the wake of the VW Emission Scandal, the PSA Group announced that it would test its cars with Portable Emissions Measurement Systems (PEMS), on a driving cycle carried out on public roads in real-world conditions.

The move aims to offer buyers fuel economy results that are actually achievable, as opposed to those recorded in laboratory conditions on the official NEDC tests, which are well recognised as being unfit for purpose.

The PSA group tests use the same sort of equipment as will be mandatory when new regulations come in over the next few years as Europe makes Real-Driving Emissions (RDE) testing mandatory as part of the vehicle certification process. The procedure and route have been devised in collaboration with two non-governmental organisations - Transport & Environment, and France Nature Environment - and audited by Bureau Veritas, to ensure the results are reliable, reproducible, and reputable.

The measurements were carried out on public roads around Paris, with a balance of different routes - 25 km urban, 39 km rural, and 31 km motorway. Normal driving conditions were used, and passengers and luggage added, along with the use of air-conditioning systems, and routes that didn't avoid awkward climbs.

Gilles Le Borgne, Executive Vice President, Research & Development, PSA Group, said: "The PSA Group has today published real-world consumption data for 30 Peugeot, Citroën and DS models, in line with the commitment to transparency made in October 2015.

"As part of its drive to continuously provide customers with more information, the Group will publish figures for another 20 models by the end of the year and introduce a simulator allowing customers to reduce their fuel consumption depending on driving conditions, thereby lowering their CO2 emissions.

"In 2017, the PSA Group will move to the next level by extending measurements to pollutant emissions of nitrogen oxides (NOx) in customer driving conditions."

Greg Archer, Clean Vehicles Director at Transport & Environment, said: "This real-word test provides more representative information to consumers than new laboratory tests, helping them to choose the most fuel-efficient, low-carbon models."

DS 3
    1.6l BlueHDi 120 S&S
    PSA real fuel economy - 56.5 MPG
    Official fuel economy - 78.5 MPG
    Official / PSA difference - -22 MPG -28%

1.2l PureTech 110 S&S
    PSA real fuel economy - 47.1 MPG
    Official fuel economy - 65.7 MPG

Article and full chart - HERE
    My DS3R3... nearly....
    New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

I like the real world figures much more than the laboratory condition ones Good on the PSA group for disclosing these...
    sigpic

Comment

Meh.

Isn't going to stop the "My car isn't doing what it says in the book" people...
      ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
      Bigfeet's File Repository
      The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

It may in time Biggie..... I work with people who believe all the MPG stats they see online and in car ads, one was really disappointed her Cooper S didn't get near the quoted figures.

The Audi dealer I used told me to knock around 25% off the quoted figures to get a more realistic MPG. He was pretty much spot on
        sigpic

Comment

The 120 s&s figure is what I get with my 115 ehdi which is remapped and has an induction kit and sports exhaust,I am pleased! They must have punished the 120!
          LA PETITE FUSEE / THE LITTLE ROCKET

sigpic

Comment

ive done 120 miles of town driving all this week i would say 90% of that time im stuck in gridlock traffic never getting out of 3rd gear and never going faster than 20mph
            and the figures are around what my dashboard is currently saying too averaging between 53 and 62 mpg it says and i still have 525 miles of fuel left

Comment

Well at least Citroens are returning real world figures as expected which is no disappointment at all!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JEZDS3 View Post
                Well at least Citroens are returning real world figures as expected which is no disappointment at all!
                my big 4X4 is utter tripe averages 32mpg

Comment

About the same as Elaine`s Freelander!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by andyt72 View Post
                    ive done 120 miles of town driving all this week i would say 90% of that time im stuck in gridlock traffic never getting out of 3rd gear and never going faster than 20mph
                    and the figures are around what my dashboard is currently saying too averaging between 53 and 62 mpg it says and i still have 525 miles of fuel left
                    Wish we got that never seen more than 50mpg on our diesel ds3 and it rarely sees town work..in winter it level pegs with our petrol car. Just another one of those little things that give it character.

Will have to see how achievable the "real world" figures are I've actually exceeded the quoted numbers on the Mazda but the DS3 couldn't achieve 72mpg going downhill in a vacuum..
                    Crystal White pearl Mazda 3 Takuya 1.6
                    Whisper Purple/White DS3 Dstyle plus 1.6 e-Hdi

Comment

Interesting, mine used to average 60mpg in mine when I first bought it, now 3 years later its 54mpg, thats the 1.6 diesel Blue HDi

Comment

I'm averaging 65mpg for my 50 mile a day driving. And that's all sorts of roads, stop/s & starts, speed limits and traffic.
                        My DS3R3... nearly....
                        New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

When I look at a car I usually took of 15-20 MPG off the official figures to get an idea of what the real world MPG would be. I'm getting 54 MPG on a 1.6 115 HDI

Comment

Originally posted by andyt72 View Post
                            my big 4X4 is utter tripe averages 32mpg
                            My S1 is getting 36mpg on urban and pretty much 40mpg on motorways
                            sigpic

Comment

Evening all.....getting
                              58 mpg regularly around town/to work and back!(14 mile round trip)
                              Costco premium diesel though!(£103.9 litre)

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X