Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Converting to a car like van

Hi Everyone,

I'm a new member first post here! I love my ds3 but as a football coach working in schools and not being able to afford a van for insurance purposes (£2500) at age of 20, I am looking at removing rear seats and carpet and lining with wood or lining with metal floor lining, any ideas on things I can do to make it similar to a van without it being classed as one?

Thanks in advance

Connor

Tint or Vinyl wrap your rear side windows,remove your rear seats or just fold them down,use a boot liner or load liner to keep the boot and rear of car clean,fit a dog guard just behind the front seats,hey presto you have a car that is just like a van and can be converted back easily. Hope these ideas help!
    LA PETITE FUSEE / THE LITTLE ROCKET

sigpic

Comment

Thank you that is of great help!! Will it still be classed as a car with the insurance ie if I had a crash it wouldn't be void?

Regards

Con

Comment

I'd leave the the back seats in and fold them, bear in mind removing them to make a van is classified as a mod and you may end up needing the commercial policy as a result anyway.
        Crystal White pearl Mazda 3 Takuya 1.6
        Whisper Purple/White DS3 Dstyle plus 1.6 e-Hdi

Comment

No,you still have the seats and car intact,you would do the same to carry two large dogs in the back of your car! or if you were taking rubbish to the tip! The car remains the same you are using it differently on occasion,but it is essentially still your car!

sigpic

Comment

What do you mean in regards to the commercial part?

Comment

Jez, that's great as I'm sure you understand I just don't want the worst to happen (crash) then insurance to try and wriggle out of it by saying its a mod or van so it's invalid you know what there like! I asked today if I take out rear seats how much and they said an extra £20 a year

Comment

Keep your seats in if you can,just fold down.

sigpic

Comment

Ok mate thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by Con View Post
                    What do you mean in regards to the commercial part?
                    If you're travelling between multiple places of work your normal social domestic and commuting policy won't cover that (you'll need class 1 business at least), if you're taking payments for your services cash on the day you might even need more than that but that'll depend on your company.
                    Crystal White pearl Mazda 3 Takuya 1.6
                    Whisper Purple/White DS3 Dstyle plus 1.6 e-Hdi

Comment

I already have SD&C policy which also has business miles added! I'm just an employee and not to more than 1 school

Comment

Working...
                      X