No announcement yet.

Fuel comsuption

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you using normal unleaded or premium unleaded...?

Comment

I'm actually getting it checked as it doesn't seem
      To hold its revs keeps dropping down

Comment

Normal unleaded

Comment

Basically how long is a piece of string?

£20 doesn't tell us how many litres of fuel. Also, your driving style and the roads you're driving on will vary your MPG massively.

Example: my THP 155 will get anywhere between 250 and 500 miles from a tank depending on how heavy my foot has been.
          - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
          - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Look up Hypermiling...!

Comment

Yeah get what your saying! Just annoying as my old 206 was better than this car! Lol

Comment

Hey,

I used to own a 2013 reg 1.2VTi. I have to say the fuel economy on it wasn't as great as you'd expect given the engine size and quoted figures but they were far from terrible.

The best I was able to get out of the engine was 40.4mpg and that was on a motorway run.

The engine is way too small for the car and you'll find yourself revving quite high just to keep up with the traffic at times. Just to compare I now drive a 1.6l turbocharged Mercedes A-Class and my MPG readings are very very similar despite the much higher power output. The 1.2l turbo should fix all of the mpg and power output shortfalls the naturally aspirated block suffers.

If you want to do more reading I logged 90% of my DS3's fuel ups and economy data at Fuelly so feel free to have a flick through my profile: http://www.fuelly.com/car/citroen/ds...dlartey/256556

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Comment

Seriously - sorry. No car ever meets its quoted figures. After 100 miles your engine will still be very tight and need at least 3-4000 to loosen up. All the variables I quoted will have an impact, including ambient air temperature and humidity. Consumption will be very different in winter vs summer.

Every engine is different in its characteristics also - probably by as much as 10% even for the same variant. You may be lucky or not...!

There seems to be a sweet spot in terms of engine power and torque vs car size and weight. As RichardL says if you want to keep up with traffic today in a low powered car you will end up using more revs and suffering a consequent drop in mpg.

You have my sympathies though if you feel that there is a problem with yours and certainly get it checked out.

Good luck!

Steve

Comment

6th gear in the eHDI models comes in handy for economy on longer motorway runs.
                    LA PETITE FUSEE / THE LITTLE ROCKET

sigpic

Comment

We've seen reports on the forum before that the smaller engined DS3s aren't as economic (under certain driving conditions) as you'd expect.

For e.g my old 115 eHDi (remapped to 145 bhp and with AC on all the time) averaged 52-56 mpg, I recently bought an Audi S1 with a 231bhp 2.0 engine (and 4wd) and that is averaging 36mpg on urban journeys and my driving style is similar to when I owned the diesel DS3. On motorways the S1 averages 40mpg, if I compared my figures to another S1 owner they'd differ for so many reasons
                      sigpic

Comment

I just wish now I had of waited to get a 110 s&s but I am a very impatient person :0( and now I'm kinda regretting it boo! Lol

Comment

Originally posted by StevieB View Post
                          Look up Hypermiling...!
                          Look up annoying,
                          Originally posted by cyclone
                          It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
                          Originally posted by Broda
                          I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

In answer to the original question and calculating the average cost of fuel per litre, multiplying that for the imperial calculation i.e. to convert gallons and then analysing driving styles across the UK for B segment drivers using petrol cars and excluding for the purpose of this calculation diesels and then calculating the weight and mass of the DS 3 and then calculating the drag factor along with average wind speeds and climate in the UK and using calculus ( the mathematics of moving objects) then watching Coronation Street, no idea, but guess at about 135 miles.

Sadly I think I may have the most economical DS 3 in the world which over the last 6000 miles has averaged 76.2 and the last tankful at 80.6.
                            Poor old sod.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Bloke View Post
                              I think I may have the most economical driving in the world which over the last 6000 miles has averaged 76.2 and the last tankful at 80.6.
                              Fixed that for you
                              - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
                              - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Just enjoy your DS3 driving everyone!
                                LA PETITE FUSEE / THE LITTLE ROCKET

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X