Fuel comsuption

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Loulou7654 View Post
    I just wish now I had of waited to get a 110 s&s but I am a very impatient person :0( and now I'm kinda regretting it boo! Lol
    When I bought mine I bought it knowing full well that I was going to sell after 3 years for something bigger. It's a nice stepping stone of an engine and an easy way to get into a DS3 without paying extra at the dealership and your insurer.

Overall how are you getting on with it? Fuel economy aside I really liked the engine, it's incredibly nippy and the power is always there with there being no turbo to lag. It's only when there's extra weight in the car (passengers, luggage etc) that you notice the lack of performance. The engine note is also beautiful straight from the factory, you get a real throaty exhaust. Oh and you'll be going to DS3 meets knowing you've got one of the rarest specs in the country. I went to loads of meets in mine and I never once saw another 82 VTi.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Comment

I'd echo the above, the times our ds3 is in for warranty work we get a 82vti C3 which in my opinion is more fun than our 90bhp diesel because of the engine. It's not fast but it's up for it, and in isolation it feels pretty nippy until a 2.0 tdi golf stomps you without trying.

As an entry level engine it's very nice, good throttle response, free revving, makes a nice enough noise, everything you need in a basic motor to have some fun and convince yourself it's faster than it is.
      Crystal White pearl Mazda 3 Takuya 1.6
      Whisper Purple/White DS3 Dstyle plus 1.6 e-Hdi

Comment

ooo i love the car, but i am shocked at how thursty it is on the fuel, when its a 1.2 and 82hp, so i do wish i had of waited for the turbo or infact getting a desial, but hey i have this car now, and like you say the next one can be bigger and better lol

Comment

Alton to Bicester 95miles and Bicester to Alton 95 miles both at mostly 70mph in 5th and 6th AV MPG was 61.5!
          LA PETITE FUSEE / THE LITTLE ROCKET

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Loulou7654 View Post
            ooo i love the car, but i am shocked at how thursty it is on the fuel, when its a 1.2 and 82hp, so i do wish i had of waited for the turbo or infact getting a desial, but hey i have this car now, and like you say the next one can be bigger and better lol
            You don't wish you'd got a diesel...it's a heady combination of no fun at all, tractor noises, 45mpg (if you like to keep up with traffic), turbo lag and only having power available between 2000rpm and 2500.

Next time round it's going to be a petrol..it might cost a tenner a month more on fuel but at least it won't be rubbish.

Comment

I can't complain about the 120 BlueHDI.
              Power enough, when ever you want, from 1500 to 4000 rpm.
              At the moment I get about 55mpg but I'm pretty sure this will get a bit better yet as I've only done 3.000 km on this engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Jan79 View Post
                At the moment I get about 55mpg but I'm pretty sure this will get a bit better yet as I've only done 3.000 km on this engine.
                Up to 4750rpm if you like to give it some welly!
                LA PETITE FUSEE / THE LITTLE ROCKET

sigpic

Comment

It's a new born engine. I want to give it some time to settle in so it will last for a long time and endure the remap which will come.

Comment

Originally posted by Jan79 View Post
                    We have the 90...

It's more at home in a van..or would be if it had any power to move a payload..

While the the redline is 4750 you'd have to be a sadist to visit it regularly, or at least in possession of ear defenders, visiting it is also pointless as the power/boost ends a lonnnnng way before you reach it.

Comment

reading this I'm glad I've chosen the 120.
                      It really has power and does not become very loud whilst reving it up what I don't have to do very often because there is a lot of torque in the lower revs.

Comment

Working...
                      X