Need Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help

My car is 2nd hand and someone has taken the rear seats out & the bench. I want to do the same thing as I am preparing it for the drag strip!

THE TORX BOLT ON THE REAR BENCH LOCATED NEAR THE FOOTWELL HAS BEEN STRIPPED & TIGHTENED SOOOOOO MUCH!

I don't even know how you can strip it this badly!

How should I extract it? I'm really struggling!

I have tried so far!

Allen Keys
    Rubber Bands & Torx Heads for grip
    Super Glue a flat head into the bolt
    Pliers

Can you access the bolt from behind?

If I do get it out I will need to buy another pair, anyone got a link?

I was thinking a dremel & flathead? But I'm not sure I will be able to get enough force to turn it!

I NEED SOME HELP :mad:

I was thinking a dremel & flathead? But I'm not sure I will be able to get enough force to turn it!
    Would have been my suggestion too but I'm not sure which bolt you're referring to

Extractor?
    cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

I will give that a go now and let you know!

The rear seats, the black bolt either side under the rear seats in the footwell. Sunken into a bracket

Comment

No luck, I think I will have to flat head it and hope for the best

Comment

Fingers crossed for you!
          cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

The bench doesn't weigh a lot at all! The difference is similar to wearing jeans instead of shorts.

My advice is to leave it alone. The bolts are cheap and poor quality anyway. Just get rid of the top half of the seats and everything out the boot.
            - Challenge Accepted -

Comment

The problem with these bolts is that the seat is pressed down while the bolts are tightened so the brackets hold the bolts a bit as the holes do not align 100%. Not sure if that will help to get them off though.

Comment

Working...
              X