Facelifted DS3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Facelifted DS3

Well, after what seems like forever, I got to have a look at the updated DS3 this week. It was in belle ile blue, prestige with xenons and black Aphrodite alloys. It looked fantastic I'm surprised to say. It looks much better in the wild.

Also, my girlfriend has been learning to drive in a DS3 for the last few months and her instructor has just replaced it with the facelifted version. She says it's a far better drive and the clutch is much lighter - something she's found problematic in the previous DS3.
    I feel a test drive might be in order. If I got a great deal, I'd consider getting another. But great deals are hard to come by.

I'm puzzled by what your girlfriend has said, there was no mechanical changes made to the car apart from a new bumper!
    ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
    Bigfeet's File Repository
    The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Who knows. Perhaps a light clutch has just given her more confidence and control. Even if it's a placebo effect, I'm pleased she enjoys the drive a bit more.

Comment

Originally posted by flemmo View Post
        Who knows. Perhaps a light clutch has just given her more confidence and control. Even if it's a placebo effect, I'm pleased she enjoys the drive a bit more.
        Lol! Maybe you're right, just don't tell her so you can get one
        ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
        Bigfeet's File Repository
        The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Did the instructor replace like for like engines/spec?
          My DS3R3... nearly....
          New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

It's still a diesel. Pretty sure the old one was an eHDi 90, like mine. I'm guessing the new one is a BlueHDi 100. Interesting she said it didn't have as much umph but maybe it will take a little while for the engine to settle in.

Comment

Originally posted by flemmo View Post
              It's still a diesel. Pretty sure the old one was an eHDi 90, like mine. I'm guessing the new one is a BlueHDi 100. Interesting she said it didn't have as much umph but maybe it will take a little while for the engine to settle in.
              Perhaps they've just sorted the turbo lag out a bit, our 90 feels fast in isolation due to all the power arriving in one big lump around 2-3 seconds after you requested it. If it's a bit more progressive it would feel slower as you wouldn't get the kick in the back when it arrives.
              Crystal White pearl Mazda 3 Takuya 1.6
              Whisper Purple/White DS3 Dstyle plus 1.6 e-Hdi

Comment

Working...
              X