Poor build quality

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poor build quality

Hi guys, just want other people's opinions. I've owned my 12 plate Ds3 just short of a year now, and for a 4 year old car, it's seems to have an awful lot of creaks. The door cards on both sides creak loudly when lean lt against even slightly, there's a rattle from the roof lining that I can't find the source, the car squeaks when going over speed bumps... Anyone else have any of these problems? Seems to be poor build quality which surprises me.

Should have bought a Bentley, instead of a 2 door c3.
    Originally posted by cyclone
    It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
    Originally posted by Broda
    I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Originally posted by cyclone View Post
      Should have bought a Bentley, instead of a 2 door c3.
      Im not so sure, my clients driver has significant issues with the indoor brolly holder on his RR, something my DS3 is cool with.

Comment

Just for future reference...

You can buy a car that is put together significantly better than a DS3 for less than price of a Bentley. In fact you can buy one for less than the price of a DS3, this is why people get annoyed when they rattle. As for the money they charge you'd expect better..

Any way yes in the warm weather our doors now rattle like a bastard whereas before they just rattled a bit, at least the random dash rattle has gone away..
        Crystal White pearl Mazda 3 Takuya 1.6
        Whisper Purple/White DS3 Dstyle plus 1.6 e-Hdi

Comment

My car s 4 years old... Don't have any rattles at all... I must be lucky I guess

Comment

Mine is brand-new so it had no time to age but apart from the boot liner it is pretty good build.

Comment

I laugh at people who buy a car for considerably less than the national average new car price and demand top notch quality.

edt: SFG what the %#$!@^ is a brolly?
              Last edited by cyclone; 24-07-2016, 07:30.

Comment

I too hate rattles, but can hear them only when going slow, so as jeremy would say, pooower is the answer haha

Cyclone, brolly is a very british way of saying umbrella

Cheers
                DS3 Racing | Matt Orange | eTuners Stage III+ | Wössner Forged Pistons | Bastuck De-Cat Exhaust | Bilstein B12 Pro-Kit | AEM Water/Methanol Injection | Motul 300V Competition Oil | Mahle Coated Bearings | Cylinder Head Porting | 100 Octane Juice

Comment

Originally posted by albish View Post
                  Cyclone, brolly is a very british way of saying umbrella

Cheers
                  would never have guessed that!

Comment

Coincidentally I've spent the day fitting dynamat to the doors and adding felt tape or foam to any surface that comes in contact with another. It's made a HUGE difference. But mine were dreadful before so any improvement would have been welcome.

Comment

Working...
                    X