Lease car going back - charges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lease car going back - charges

Hi guys, my lease car is going back on 9th August and I've just removed my rimblades to find almost what looks like mould underneath. Has anyone come across this before? I dont want to be charged to fix this, is it something that would be covered under warranty?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

You could try but it looks like the wheel was curbed right at the corrosion so my guess would be that they will say that is what caused the corrosion, and they would be right! If it wasn't curbed then a good chance it could be covered CUK has been very lenient with wheel corrosion claims in the past.
    Originally posted by cyclone
    It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
    Originally posted by Broda
    I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

I assume it can be repaired though and its not a whole new wheel?!

Comment

That could be repaired
        Could also try sanding it down then polishing it up yourself, Sure it will not match the rest but with just a quick look it wouldn't be noticed. Not that I would condone that but someone here once got away with that when handing their car back.
        Originally posted by cyclone
        It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
        Originally posted by Broda
        I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Looks similar to what i had years ago, when removed my Alloygators to part ex my first DS3
          Think i ammended the Alloygator post that had been created to show this problem

What happened to mine was traces of water have remained trapped behind the alloygator, raising the clear coat, then the surface metal oxidises, going white

Got away with it when part exing

Had another set of wheels it happened too with rimblades, altho rimblades should have been better as its an adhesive coating on the wheel. To get over it, very carefully sand papered/ wet n dryed the surface to get rid, then sprayed clearcoat and they were almost like new

http://www.ds3club.co.uk/showthread.php?5711-Rimblades
          Last edited by Chris_Blue; 24-07-2016, 17:41.
          sigpic
          Jog on Noddy

Comment

You will need to have that addressed otherwise you will be charged by Manheim. All you should need is a refurbishment done, a local agent to me charges around £100 per wheel for diamond cut alloys.
            Last edited by Bigfeet; 26-07-2016, 08:08. Reason: Horrible grammar!
            ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
            Bigfeet's File Repository
            The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet View Post
              You will need to have that address otherwise you will be charged by Manheim. All you should need as a refurbish done, a local agent to me charges around £100 per wheel for diamond cut alloys.
              Why so much? The Citroen dealer where i got my new one from said they charge £40 a wheel?

Also, ive only done 12k of my alloted 24k so there must be a bit of wriggle room?!

Comment

Pretty much buy a top condition used Bellone for £100. I sold a set of 4 for £300 ish, altho one was repaired but the buyer didnt comment

Try sandpaper, or wet n dry and take it easy. Clean with white spirit first. Should certainly take the worst away. What you going to loose if you refurb, or replace anyway?
                sigpic
                Jog on Noddy

Comment

Well its just dead cash to me as its going back so I obviously want it done as cheap as possible. £100 a wheel seems way over the odds though, the guy at Citroen Redditch said anything over £60-£70 is a rip off.

Comment

Okay, calm down everybody...

You need to remember the alloys are Diamond cut and painted, plus my location only gives me two choices, one at 25 miles and the other at 60 miles.

Plus this is a full repair which involves a skim off the surface followed by lacquer/paint and not a patch job like a SMART repair which with only cover up the damage and not correctly repair it.
                    ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                    Bigfeet's File Repository
                    The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet View Post
                      not a patch job like a SMART repair which with only cover up the damage and not correctly repair it.
                      why do a top notch job, for the benefit of others. the cars going back!

A lease should allow for wear n tear anyway

Dont they inspect a car a week before it goes back anyway.. then either repair it and see what they say, or dont repair and see what they say :-)

another clubsite I'm on usually get refurbs from £40 ish... but that does look nasty
                      sigpic
                      Jog on Noddy

Comment

There are 2 types of refurbishment for alloy wheels, as Bigfeet said. Some can be rubbed down and painted, or stripped and painted, but others, as in this case, are diamond cut which requires expensive equipment to return the wheel to perfect condition. If you look at the rim of a wheel and it is shiny and has faint lines in it like a record then it is the polished diamond cut finish. Nobody does them for less than £80.00 a wheel, unless they try painting them.

Comment

Well ive just been quoted £500 by a local company which is crazy in my book. I dont mind paying a reasonable amount but £125 per wheel is extortionate

Comment

My ds went back in May same problem alloygators Citroen charged me £65 per wheel, complained as pitting was very minor and they took off the charge for one, would not budge on the overs. Said it was a good will gesture take one alloy off the bill.
                            Last edited by Andy ADI; 26-07-2016, 06:34.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy ADI View Post
                              My ds went back in May same problem alloygators Citroen charged me £65 per wheel, complained as pitting was very minor and they took off the charge for one, would not budge on the overs. Said it was a good will gesture take one alloy off the bill.
                              At £500 Im willing to risk it and see what Manheim say, im still hoping that as the cars only done half its mileage it will give me a little room. Like I say, i dont mind paying for the repair but £125 per wheel is crazy.

Im waiting for Citroen Redditch to get back to me with a price but when i picked up my new car the other week they said it was about £40 per wheel

Comment

Working...
                              X