oil pressure fault warning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oil pressure fault warning

Hi all i have a ds3 155thp, only had it 5 days and today decided to take her for a little blast up and down the local bypass and OIL PRESSURE FAULT STOP came up.
    I pulled over switched her off checked oil level and all was good there, so had a fag left it 10 mins and started her up, there was no warning so i drove and drove back home.
    On the way home 3 mile or so it flashed up a gain twice!!

The engine sounds and runs fine so its left me scratching my head!!

Anyone else had this problem???

Thanks iain..

Please note that oil pressure is not just your current oil level, you could have a broken return pipe, a leak or a host of other things. It's worth getting it checked out.
    ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
    Bigfeet's File Repository
    The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

yeah will be getting it checked out monday, when ive found a good independent citroen garage. Dont fancy being ripped off by my local citroen dealer..

Comment

Anything with oil pressure should be checked out, because it is a destroyed engine if real and the in-between destroyed and all ok are just as bad.
        Originally posted by cyclone
        It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
        Originally posted by Broda
        I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

got the AA coming out to take a look in the morning, fingers crossed its nothing expensive :confused:

Comment

It's important to understand that there's no relationship between oil level & oil pressure (with the proviso that the oil level must be high enough for the pump to pick up oil from the sump). It's possible to get adequate oil pressure with the oil level below "minimum", or to have inadequate pressure with a full sump.

A low oil pressure warning indicates that the pressure built up by the pump is below the threshold considered necessary for adequate lubrication; running the engine at low oil pressure will result in bearing damage.

As it's intermittent it MAY be that you're getting false warnings. The best way to check is to temporarily connect a pressure gauge & check actual readings. . . I doubt if an AA man will be prepared to do that.

Comment

hi dave, AA has been and was unable to check oil pressure at my home so the car has been recovered to a garage for inspection. he did say it may be a faulty oil filter, apparently there is a valve inside the filter that can go faulty...

Comment

seems to be happening to quite a few THP owners this issue now as cars getting older in some cases especially the 207's I know, few have cured the issue by changing the timing solenoid electro valve that gets clogged up with old oil and deposits, normally when they have the actual pressure checked at the sensor its all ok but there are other things that can cause this fault.

Comment

slightly worrying as its 2011 43k, only owed her 6 days.. hope it doesnt end up costing me fortune.. wish me luck!:confused:

Comment

Good luck, hopefully your independent garage will sort it quickly. If it were me I'd get into a Citroen dealer.....
                    sigpic

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	14012476_10154326221451257_1688077778_o.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	99.0 KB
ID:	360590 well she still isnt back! and although ive only owned the ds3 1 week im already missing her....

Comment

To date I have removed the sump and cleaned out the oil pickup pipe on no less than eight DS3, most were 1.2, it seems if the car is not serviced within 6,000 to 10,000 miles the oil filter starts to break up and the fiber blocks the pickup pipe in the sump and sometimes gets into the filter on the camshaft V V timing valve, most of the engines had done 35,000 to 42,000 miles.

Comment

Hi having similar issues with 1.2 110 puretech what was the outcome with your car ?

Comment

Originally posted by JJC View Post
                            Hi having similar issues with 1.2 110 puretech what was the outcome with your car ?
                            Hi all ..im new here and I'm having the same problem...could you tell me if it is the pickup pipe that's causing this fault message ...because I've been told it could be the timing belt deterioration... ive only gad the car 4 months

Comment

Originally posted by Markv54 View Post

Hi all ..im new here and I'm having the same problem...could you tell me if it is the pickup pipe that's causing this fault message ...because I've been told it could be the timing belt deterioration... ive only gad the car 4 months
                              Also been told its £1500 maybe more to put right

Comment

Working...
                              X