Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new DS3 help

Hi!

I've currently got the ds3 Dstyle plus.. I'm wanting to change to the new style DS3..

I went to look and test drive a 16 plate 1.2 turbo and I noticed there's no automatic lights/ wipers or electric folding door mirrors..

I've been told they don't add these features anymore.. Is this true?!

Also no more 1.6 it's now 1.2 turbo. Is this better?!

Pretty useless when it comes to technical bits but having the features like automatic lights and the folding mirrors then doing to one that doesn't feels like I'm downgrading as I'm used to having them.

If anyone has any info regarding the new ones I'd really appreciate the help..

Thankyouuuu!

Hiya, just had a look on the online configurator and the auto lights/wipers and electric folding mirrors are available on the Prestige and higher trim levels. The kit's still there, but not on the lower trim levels. Since you have a DStyle Plus at the moment, you've been treated to all the goodies of the DSport, and the Prestige is the new equivalent of that.

The 1.2 turbo 3 cylinder puretech engines are a lot more economical than the old 1.6 4 cylinder naturally aspirated ones, but the THP engines are still 1.6 (and the diesel one I believe, as that's a 4 cylinder too)
    ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
    Join the Facebook Group!
    Join the Discord Server!

Comment

On the Elegance model the Auto Pack is now an option, the idea behind this was to give customers the option of retaining the cup holder if desired.

The 1.2 110 Engine is way better than the old clunky BMW engine, don't let the size put you off. It's more torquey than the old unit, better on fuel and costs less to tax.
      ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
      Bigfeet's File Repository
      The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Are those things even important?

Comment

Originally posted by TomTom View Post
          Are those things even important?
          Depends on how lazy and coddled one is. Me, I am very lazy and love my conveniences
          Originally posted by cyclone
          It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
          Originally posted by Broda
          I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

1.6 petrol Vti Vs the 1.2 petrol?

The 1.2 is awesome!! I test drove one when they first came out and they are really nippy and responsive
            My DS3R3... nearly....
            New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Originally posted by cyclone View Post
              Depends on how lazy and coddled one is. Me, I am very lazy and love my conveniences
              Auto lights are irritating at dusk when driving through shadows etc.

Comment

Never bothered me.

Comment

Originally posted by cyclone View Post
                  Never bothered me.
                  Or me, they work fine, no issues.
                  - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
                  - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Hi,
                    It's not the driver of the car with auto lights that gets annoyed, it's the driver of the car in front.
                    I remember about 10 years ago a Audi flashing me while driving down a country lane, eventually I pulled in for it to overtake, then I got stuck behind the bloody thing for 6 miles.

Comment

Vorsprungflashinglightstechnic as they say in Germany!
                      LA PETITE FUSEE / THE LITTLE ROCKET

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitehill View Post
                        Hi,
                        It's not the driver of the car with auto lights that gets annoyed, it's the driver of the car in front.
                        I remember about 10 years ago a Audi flashing me while driving down a country lane, eventually I pulled in for it to overtake, then I got stuck behind the bloody thing for 6 miles.
                        A whole 10 years ago! man you got to let that go.

Comment

I've had therapy for it, some things you just can't forget!!!

Comment

Working...
                          X