How to use the MP3 on my phone in the car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to use the MP3 on my phone in the car

I have 2016 DS3 Cabrio bought brand new in August. It has top spec sat nav etc but doesn't have a CD player. I've tried using my phone as an MP3 player but not sure how to do this, I have a Samsung phone. Also how do you use the web browser I think it's mirroring or something like that.

If you just want to hear your music put it on an USB stick and plug it into AUX.
    No need to use the whole phone.

Comment

Down by the handbrake are 2 caps - one has a 12V socket and one has a USB port and a 3.5mm jack socket. Buy a 3.5mm aux lead from Argos and plug your phone in there. Select aux input on your console and off you go!
      ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
      Join the Facebook Group!
      Join the Discord Server!

Comment

USB Stick is a good idea I agree but just wanted to plug my phone in, My old DS3 used to bring up aux but this one is sooo complicated, it has a jukebox etc. & nothing from my phone seems to appear.

Comment

Okay first things first.

You need to connect your mobile via the bluetooth in the car, during the connection you will get the option to select telephone, internet and media (music). Tick all three options, without the media option active you will not be able to streaming media to the system. If you have already paired the bluetooth then go into the bluetooth options, select the sub menu and check the bluetooth connections. This will let you see if your mobile is supported by the system for streaming.

Once all done you need to turn the on the bluetooth on your mobile, select the track you want to play and start it on the phone, now select bluetooth as your source on the radio and you should be good to go.
          ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
          Bigfeet's File Repository
          The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet View Post
            Okay first things first.

You need to connect your mobile via the bluetooth in the car, during the connection you will get the option to select telephone, internet and media (music). Tick all three options, without the media option active you will not be able to streaming media to the system. If you have already paired the bluetooth then go into the bluetooth options, select the sub menu and check the bluetooth connections. This will let you see if your mobile is supported by the system for streaming.

Once all done you need to turn the on the bluetooth on your mobile, select the track you want to play and start it on the phone, now select bluetooth as your source on the radio and you should be good to go.
            Or read the directions in the manual that came with your car.
            Originally posted by cyclone
            It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
            Originally posted by Broda
            I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Working...
            X