Installing dash cam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installing dash cam

Can anyone tell me where the fuse is for the hazard warning lights, it is not mentioned in the manual. Is it in the fusebox in the glove compartment or in the engine compartment. Basically I need to attach to a permanent 12v supply not switched. Or is there another one I can use in the glove compartment fuse box thanks

I use the nextbase hard wire kit and have it wired into fuse F14

Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks for the reply, is that a permanent 12v ? I have a blackvue front and rear dashcam, I have already connected the switched live to the radio fuse but need a permanent 12v for when parking function is enabled thanks

Comment

sorry it was f8 used for switched live !

Comment

Originally posted by Robharris View Post
          sorry it was f8 used for switched live !
          Hi, I also have front and rear Blackbue.
          Look in passenger side glovebox and locate a thick white or blue wire.This is going in to the front of the fuse box from the car battery.Either of these will give you the best 12v permanent feed.
          This is how I wired my Blackvue.
          Good Luck[emoji3]Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0416.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	17.7 KB
ID:	360629Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0416.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	17.7 KB
ID:	360629

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Where did you take the ground from? There is a bolt to the body work just above the fusebox, I used a wing nut (access is tight) and connected the ground onto the threaded part of the bolt that protrudes at the rear.

Comment

Hi I'm also fitting the Nextbase hardwire kit, so which fuse have you piggybacked off F8 or F14. Is the F14 permanently live?

Thanks

Comment

Switched Live

Hi there, your switched live (ignition feed) can be piggy backed from F8 or F12. I would advise using F8 as if the fuse blows in the future this will cause you less problems.
                With regards to an earth bolt, i drilled a 4mm hole into the crash/support bar going across the top of the glovebox and used a self tapping screw to secure. Hope this helps

Comment

Originally posted by marky View Post
                  Hi there, your switched live (ignition feed) can be piggy backed from F8 or F12. I would advise using F8 as if the fuse blows in the future this will cause you less problems.
                  With regards to an earth bolt, i drilled a 4mm hole into the crash/support bar going across the top of the glovebox and used a self tapping screw to secure. Hope this helps
                  Thanks Marky. If I want a permanent live for parking mode on the dashcam could I use F14?

Comment

There should be a mini fuse block (black and yellow) above the big fuse box. When you open the glovebox, then open the fusebox access panel, there should either be a blank mini fuse block or it will have a couple of fuses in it (depending on spec of your car) either put your piggy fuse in an empty slot or remove a existing fuse and piggy back it
                    I wouldnt use F14 as it contains the airbag control unit in that circuit and might not end well. hope this helps

Comment

Originally posted by marky View Post
                      There should be a mini fuse block (black and yellow) above the big fuse box. When you open the glovebox, then open the fusebox access panel, there should either be a blank mini fuse block or it will have a couple of fuses in it (depending on spec of your car) either put your piggy fuse in an empty slot or remove a existing fuse and piggy back it
                      I wouldnt use F14 as it contains the airbag control unit in that circuit and might not end well. hope this helps
                      Yup....no airbags could be a problem. :redface: I'll look in mini fuse box and see what's available.

Comment

Afternoon I've just put my wife's nextbase 100 I think in her ds3 into f8 yellow fuse but when I lock the door there is a faint flashing light is this right?

Comment

Originally posted by smig64 View Post
                          Afternoon I've just put my wife's nextbase 100 I think in her ds3 into f8 yellow fuse but when I lock the door there is a faint flashing light is this right?
                          Hi its a 300w but in fuse 8 it stays on even when car locked any ideas

Comment

Originally posted by smig64 View Post

Hi its a 300w but in fuse 8 it stays on even when car locked any ideas
                            If I remember it will stay on for a while then turn off.

Comment

i am seeing new dress for girls

Comment

Working...
                              X