Tyre pressure warning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tyre pressure warning

This damn thing is driving me crazy. I've done 15000 miles in my DS3 from new and only ever had the tyre pressure warning at about 7000 miles (after which I topped the air up and reinitialised). It came up about a month back and I did the same, but the damp thing keeps randomly coming up now. the 1st time was about a day after I did the tyre pressures again.

Tyres look fine with no slow punctures. however I used an air system with 9ne of those rubbish analogue windows (not a digital machine). Do you think maybe they are slightly out hence the repeated warnings?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

It doesn't warn you if you're like .2 bar down. It's intended to warn you of a flat tyre, I believe.

Try topping it completely to recommended pressures, I believe 2.6 bar on each corner(?), using a proper digital one and reinitialise.

Otherwise, you're probably still in warranty so get it checked out.
    @mike_lowsocial

Comment

My recommended pressures are 2.4 bar at each corner.
      LA PETITE FUSEE / THE LITTLE ROCKET

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JEZDS3 View Post
        My recommended pressures are 2.4 bar at each corner.
        aye I think mine are too. couldnt remember if it was 2.4 or 2.6
        @mike_lowsocial

Comment

Sounds like to me you have a communication fault between the system and the ABS sensor, go and see your dealer.

PSA - The tyre pressure system does not record the pressures in the tyres but the rotation rate of the wheel
          Last edited by Bigfeet; 21-09-2016, 13:44.
          ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
          Bigfeet's File Repository
          The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Originally posted by footix2 View Post

Tyres look fine with no slow punctures. however I used an air system with 9ne of those rubbish analogue windows (not a digital machine). Do you think maybe they are slightly out hence the repeated warnings?
            Never rely on the pressure gauges on garage airlines - always use a good quality hand-held pressure gauge.

That may not solve your problem with the warning system, but you will at least know that your tyre pressures are correct.

Comment

Originally posted by footix2 View Post
              This damn thing is driving me crazy. I've done 15000 miles in my DS3 from new and only ever had the tyre pressure warning at about 7000 miles (after which I topped the air up and reinitialised). It came up about a month back and I did the same, but the damp thing keeps randomly coming up now. the 1st time was about a day after I did the tyre pressures again.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
              Hi,

Do you have access to the menu to reinitialise the tyres at all times or only if you've made an adjustment? The reason I ask if in my menu the tyre menu isn't present but it has been before when I had a tyre pressure warning fault with the service light on.

Thanks

Comment

It should always be available but you can't access the sub menu that contains it when the engine is on, so you won't see it if the engine is running.
                Crystal White pearl Mazda 3 Takuya 1.6
                Whisper Purple/White DS3 Dstyle plus 1.6 e-Hdi

Comment

Working...
                X