Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car Seats

Hi,

Looking for some advice. So I've had my ds3 for about a month now and have never had someone use the back seats until today. When they pulled up the leaver to allow the passenger seat to move it seems to have got stuck/broke. It just wont clip back in, so now the seat moves completely freely. Has anyone has this issue? And do you think it will be covered under warranty.

Thanks in advance,

Calvin.

*Update* - Replaced under warranty, the top part of the seat/backrest had to be replaced as apparently they cant just 'fix' the cable.
    Last edited by Calvin420; 12-10-2016, 11:24.

I've heard of it happening before, should be fixed under warranty, no problem.
    - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
    - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Yeah they will fix that under warranty. I was always worried about breaking that leaver myself (or my kids doing it) then Beefmasta posted this video that Bigfeet had done in another thread. It's how to use the leaver properly so it doesn't snap or get stuck. Simple yet, so affective. Once it's fixed - use this method - it really works.

http://www.ds3club.co.uk/showthread....ht=Seat+broken
      Last edited by Funky; 02-10-2016, 09:35.
      DS3 DSport eHDi 145 - Stage 1 with K&N - Shark Grey & Infinite Blue​​​​​​

Comment

Cheers, will take it to Citroen darlo tomorrow. Gunna use Bigfeet's way of operating the leaver from now on lol.

Comment

Is it the whole seat what moves and wont lock or just the seat back ???
          As my seat back wouldnt lock got it fixed under warranty new seat frame required
          Atb paul

Comment

Here u go my original thread have u tried to reset the seat
            http://www.ds3club.co.uk/showthread....-drivers-seat-)

Comment

I have a problem with the passenger seat . It is the same lever as mentioned in the other posts. I have delved into it and it looks to me as if the cable has stretched ,the lever moves up as far as it can and only just takes up the slack in the cable . Any ideas where to get new cable ?? I have trawled through e bay and all the car part supppliers but no luck . Main Dealer ?

Comment

Originally posted by seeby View Post
                I have a problem with the passenger seat . It is the same lever as mentioned in the other posts. I have delved into it and it looks to me as if the cable has stretched ,the lever moves up as far as it can and only just takes up the slack in the cable . Any ideas where to get new cable ?? I have trawled through e bay and all the car part supppliers but no luck . Main Dealer ?
                I've checked in on this for you, you can't buy the cable individually and instead need to buy the entire backrest or get it replaced under warranty.

Citroen in Trafford currently have one of these in stock for £497 + VAT
                cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

I would spend the money on mods instead at that price! But seriously, hope you get the seat mechanism sorted soon.
                  LA PETITE FUSEE / THE LITTLE ROCKET

sigpic

Comment

When I took mine into Citroen Darlington as it was under warranty, they said they had to replace the whole backrest of the chair as mentioned by Dangerousfish. Tbh unless you can get it under warranty i would just try and live with it, as its a lot of money for such a tiny broken part.

Comment

Working...
                    X