Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need help with my DS3 Modifications and Retro Fit

Hi all,
    This is my first post on here, I brought my DS3 about 3 months ago and I have been telling myself that I won't modify it.
    Me being me that has now changed, I do a fair few miles a week so I brought the 1.6ehdi 90bhp model, however after going from a 200bhp mondeo and a 270bhp Celica i feel that i need to give it more power so I have put aside £6000 to go into the engine
    £2,000 on the exhaust and a couple of thousand for the body.

I like my cars to look like they have come out of the factory, the car is going in for a respray with the main body being sprayed in Ford Panther Black and the roof and wing mirrors in a Deep bronze, but i need some advise.

Does anyone know if the new DS3 front bumper and headlights retrofit the 2013 model also does anyone have a suggestion ona decat exhaust?

I appreciate your help i am taking pictures at each stage so hopefully next year i can come to a show.

Thank you
    Last edited by DanBarnett; 19-10-2016, 10:55.

I am 99% sure that the new facelift front end does fit directly onto previous models. I know someone was selling the new bumper for that purpose when they first came out anyway.

With the exhausts, I know there are a couple of traders on the forum, usual suspects like Miltek/Scorpion etc. Jamie @ SP Tuning and I think charlesthetog? Otherwise, why not consider getting one fabbed up by a local company?

Look forward to seeing your progression, make sure you get a build thread going! Looking forward to seeing the colour combos.
    @mike_lowsocial

Comment

Welcome It was me on Facebook via the DS3Club page earlier

Lights - 100%

Sounds like an awesome colour combo

Have you looked into getting a remap ticked off the list early on? Think you can get 120+ from the 90.

Mark's thread is a good one to read, he had the 90 with a remap and retro fitted a lot to his car.

http://www.ds3club.co.uk/showthread....former-Edition
      My DS3R3... nearly....
      New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Welcome along, look forward to seeing what you get up to. Definitely start a thread in the work in progress section as suggested above!
        ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
        Join the Facebook Group!
        Join the Discord Server!

Comment

Already have the lights on order after our conversation this morning

I am looking at getting a stage 2 remap, I am in conversation with a local company that are going to upgrade the turbo, intercooler, (I am in the process of looking at exhausts) and sort out the stage 2 remap for a reasonable price.
          I have aftermarket discs and pads on the way, Springs and Shocks I am not a massive fan of coilovers I find they compromise the ride comfort for the stance look, I have the bronze alloys on the way.

With all of my previous cars I have left the interior standard but I know someone in Leicester who owns a company called plush automotive well worth a look: http://www.plush-automotive.co.uk/ I think I might get my interior done by them and get me some cup holders while I am at it
          would be good to have some suggestions on what I should do to the interior I haven't made a decision.

Thank you for the links I will be sure to check them out.

Comment

ah! Luke at Plush? I'm sure he definitely won't convince you to bag the DS3....

I'm sure he will have many suggestions about interior! If you haven't already got the OEM leather bucket seats, you could get them and have him retrim them in something nice?

Or get some aftermarket seats, and have him retrim them. Matching door cards etc?

Maybe look at the DS4 prestige interior for some ideas, it is a brown leather so will match the bronze theme you're thinking of?

Click image for larger version

Name:	citroen-ds4-interior2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	73.5 KB
ID:	360710
            @mike_lowsocial

Comment

Perhaps this is just me, but I cannot fathom spending £10k trying to make a 90bhp diesel more powerful and look better, when you could go buy a fast diesel for less. That and, arguably, diesel isn't worth it unless you're talking 25k+ miles per annum

Comment

I don't know about Luke I was speaking to a lad named Leigh?
                I was thinking about Black with brown stitching on the seats or Vice Versa, it's in the pipe line but it isn't a priority at the moment but that DS4 interior looks nice.

Food for thought, I will get on ordering up the bumper and let you all know how it gets on.

Thank you all

Comment

I travel around 30,000 miles a year depending on customer demand, however I brought the DS3 as a cheap run about fell in love with it and now because I have just got a Mercedes CLA as my company car I want to throw some cash into the DS3 to make it a fun little car, i don't want to go and buy another car because I already have one, I want to make it different if it means it's cheaper to swap the engine out so be it, I haven't committed to the engine modifications yet I have just had pricing, You could ask someone why they would put £30,000 in to a MK1 golf when they could have brought a BMW or Mercedes, my question is why not?
                  What ever way I look at it I love that little DS3 and think it would be awesome if it was unique to me.

Comment

Hey Dan,

I'm currently selling a used stage 2 turbo for the 90bhp model. It's the TD02 but hybrid so more power bur the ability to bolt it straight on. I sued it for development puroses and covered a few thousand miles. It's in perfect condition. You'd obviously need some one to map it in for you. It's capable of pushing out upwards of 150 bhp.

Let me know if you need any info.
                    I make cars go quicker then take photos of them.
                    Genuine Alientech Kess V2 & K-Tag

Comment

Luke Massy is the guy that owns Plush but he has a couple of guys with him there too anyway, not sure of their names

really look forward to seeing your build mate!
                      @mike_lowsocial

Comment

I see you want to do it because you enjoy it then, in which case it's a different story than someone just wanting something faster and more fun. I've read of some people before plowing loads of money into, let's say a BMW 320 (can't remember the exact cars but examples) and it ending up costing far more than just replacing with a 335, and the reasoning was "I wanted a faster car"

However, as you want to do it for the exclusivity and enjoyment, I look forward to seeing what you come up with!

Comment

Welcome to the club Dan and I'm already looking forward to your mods. Keep us posted with pics with what you have done.
                          DS3 DSport eHDi 145 - Stage 1 with K&N - Shark Grey & Infinite Blue​​​​​​

Comment

Welcome Dan!
                            I'm looking forward to your perfomance mods as I intend to upgrade mine to after the warranty has expired.
                            Your colour choice sounds interesting. I'm anxoius to see the pictures.

Comment

Go to EMP for your exhaust, you'll be amazed at there workmanship.
                              White on red THP
                              Miltek exhaust with HKS highflow cat, Forge intercooler, hard pipe kit, induction kit, oil catch tank, , VAG BOV, Stage 3 SPT remap 217 BHP

Comment

Working...
                              X